- GreasyTroll4 declared King after King Faceman 'conveniently' died in potential plot for ultimate power. Warwolf595 was soon to follow. To many, 'the end of an era'.
- Riots break out in the streets of Heuvel as many people dressed in Riot gear beat their citizens to death.
- The resurgence of the bot 'Momo', popular among young boys, raises questions.
- Breaking! 3 party-goers found dead in supposed Poolside Scandal.
- P_Puddles was found strangled to death after he made one bad pun too many.
- Aaronmango lashes out at Mojang's Lead Creative Designer, Jeb, after claiming the realm of Minecraft is headed downhill.
- Group gathers outside town hall when city bell rings, riot then forms when they realize it's another call to vote.
- Pandeoo caught smuggling 30 tons of shrooms, denies they belong to him.
- Sybillian was banned from all men's bathrooms today after an alleged peeking incident.
- DefendPopPunk has been reported missing for several months, no one has begun a search to this day.
- Zieon was spotted cleaving watermelons on his front porch using a bush axe that eventually drew a crowd to view this spectacle.
- Today EarthCube discovered that he had his identity stolen when reports of a "MarsCube" was arrested in Liverpool, UK and charged with 17 counts of identity fraud.
- Pandeoo earned a place in Everneth history as his awe-inspiring account of defeating the Ender Dragon ended with his own spontaneous combustion.
- Recent reports show that rolo_ is still not a huge can, unfortunately.
- 20JPorter was arrested for the 18th time last night performing a ritual to resummon the demon Formitiis. Bunkmate Sybillian is not amused.
- Parrots have been rare in the jungles lately; sources say they're hiding from Kaddaschatzi's gaze.
- The investigation into MoAboss16's supposed "perverted nature" has hit a wall; Kaddaschatzi still swears "he made me do it!"
Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
As written by a former Evernethian staff member
The community we all know and love as Everneth was previously known under a number of different names. Our personal history only goes back to May of 2016, however the server that many from our community hail from dates back to 2011.
This server was first known as Vanilla Experiment, created by Jeniansmom. As implied by the name, she had created this server as a simple experiment to see how it would go. Over time, this server grew and grew and eventually held it’s own community of active players.
As this community grew, Jen was done with running the server as an experiment, and shifted its focus to just being a nice, fun community for people to come on and play together. Jen then changed the name of the server to Vanilla Experience. This change happened around the time of MC version 1.6. The server continued to grow for a while, and simply stayed Vanilla Experience for a while.
During this time, Jen had begun to get bored of the vanilla gameplay offered in MC during 1.6. Since the community at this time had grown steadily for a while, Jen was beginning to get tired of managing it. To add to this problem, Jen had experienced problems with staff-heavy servers in the past, which gave her reluctance to promote mods in her server. These issues culminated in Jen’s decision to hand the server ownership/management over to someone else. She decided to hand the server over to one of the members at large, handing over managment of the server to him and making him Owner.
After this decision was made, and the server was handed over to the new Owner, he went to Faceman to get help with the server’s forums, and this is where the server’s ownership for its next era came into play. Him and Face talked about changing the name of the server while still keeping vanilla in the name. He then suggested Evolution since it was the same server and community, but simply ‘evolving’ with different management, and thus the server was renamed to Vanilla Evolution.
The server stayed this way for the next couple of years, and the community kept on growing. Many of the current members of our community know the server from it’s time as Vanilla Evolution. Things were relatively calm for this time, and nothing much happened. However, beginning in late 2015, issues arose surrounding the use of creative mode by certain members of the staff. These issues spawned arguments and insults between them and the players on the server who were against this. This went on for a couple months, and culminated in a Community Meeting where the usage of creative mode (among other things) was discussed. In the end, the staff agreed to not use creative mode any more.
For a while, inactivity struck many members of the community, some of whom were simply fed up with the way that the staff managed the server, and others for different reasons. By the time of late April, Face was working on a new RP project server, which came to be on May 4th, 2016. Only a few members of the community were invited to this server at first to try out the RP style, but over the next couple weeks, the majority of VanEvo’s (short for Vanilla Evolution) active community were invited by other member's of the project to this server and had been playing on it instead of Vanevo. During this time, this server was given it’s name, Everneth.
After this community split from VanEvo, the a new Co-Owner of VanEvo was promoted alongside the Owner, Faceman was made an advisor, and they decided to rename the server to Vanilla Revolution. After the split, the server has since grown a new thriving community, and carries on under the new name with the new community.
Everneth has carried on with the many members of the old VanEvo community, alongside new players exclusive to Everneth’s community. For a short time after the split, Everneth and VanRevo maintained relations between each other. However, eventually it came up that this would simply not work out, and relations were officially ended.
Everneth has continued to grow since that day, and the future for us is looking bright. We hope the same for Vanrevo as well, as we want both communities to grow and prosper in the coming months and years.