Sign in to follow this  
sam8ddd

What do you guys think should be added in a future update?

If you could could add 1 of each of the following into minecraft, what would it be, and how would it work?

Block

Mob

Item

Enchantment

Dimension

Redstone Item

Mechanic/Feature (In general)

Any (1) thing else!

I would love to see more sounds, biomes, mobs, and structures (preferably with new blocks to go with them too).

Exploration and ambience/atmosphere is a big part of Minecraft, and it's missing a lot of the exploration factor still. 1.11 was a step in the right direction I feel, but it was a small step. We need more reasons to explore the world, brave the dangers, and conquer the structures. I would love to see more structures where you can find cool, rare items but you have to fight new mobs in order to get them (and Mojang, don't make the structures ridiculously rare like the woodland mansions...there's almost no use going there, especially since you can't get many Totems of Undying).

Edited by Guest

Editable signs! Oh Mojang, why haven't you added editable signs yet? And to edit something at the start of a book and quill page, you need to delete all the text in that page to change that one thing... Fix it Mojang please.

Block

Mob

Item

Enchantment

Dimension

Redstone Item

Mechanic/Feature (In general)

Any (1) thing else!

Block: Vertical Slabs

Mob: Useful Flying mobs

Ench: tracking, for arrows. Tracks mobs hit by spectral arrow.

Dimension: Cloud dimension, in the sky. (Have wanted more stuff put in the sky)

Red stone: no idea how redstone works

Mechanic: idk either, I'm not technical

Other: feather clothes with automatic feather falling and/or slow descent

I definitely agree with the idea of receiving more updates on what is going on from Microsoft. Something I think should be added is more natural structures. I love exploring mine shafts and the dungeon, and I do realize they added some more new ones, but I really would like some truly unique villages and such.

Edited by Guest

Block: Definitely a lamp, not like a redstone lamp-something much smaller (like a lightbulb that doesn't require redstone) maybe fuel? like coal.

Mob: Elk, Bears, more birds

Item: Magical weapons

Enchantment: Attackspeed on swords? or faster arrow drawing on bows?

Dimension: SPACE! PLANETS! EXTRATERRESTRIAL WORLDS!

Redstone Item: A self sustaining fuel source that can be used for furnaces, maybe like a windmill?

Mechanic/Feature (In general): A horror survival mode, where its night 24/7 and they add scary creatures in (maybe horror myths?).

Any (1) thing else!: Colorful leaves, such as cherryblossoms, orange leaves, white leaves, etc.

I really think there are enough mobs in the game currently but ever since Microsoft purchased Mojang, I have been extremely frustrated with the lack of communication and updates we were used to in the past. I feel like minecraft fails in the long term game as far as singleplayer goes, and I feel they need to add more blocks, and more structures or find some way to still make the player vulnerable once they have reached diamond armor, tools etc. I would love for there to be an enchantment on tools to break multiple items in a general area at once to make mining or excavation much quicker. I am not much of a redstone or mechanical person but I'm sure those areas could be expanded on as well. I would love for there to be not necessarily a new dimension but new biomes! I have grown accustomed from going from desert to forest to taiga etc. over and over again, and I think if not adding new biomes, make there be at least some variation in the biomes. Before any of this happens though, microsoft and mojang need to figure out how to consistently develop the game to keep the older player base interested.

I definitely agree with the idea of receiving more updates on what is going on from Microsoft. Something I think should be added is more natural structures. I love exploring mine shafts and the dungeon, and I do realize they added some more new ones, but I really would like some truly unique villages and such.

I think that Microsoft should add tamable dragons. Just imagine flying around and attacking players with fire

Uuuuum, guys, Microsoft does NOT develop the game or interfere with how Mojang runs things. At all. If there's a "lack of communication" (as you say), it's all on Mojang, not Microsoft. Microsoft only owns the Minecraft IP and Mojang as a company, they do not go around making big decisions on how Mojang should make their game, what should or should not be added into the game, or how Mojang should interact with their fans.

The idea that Microsoft is co-developing Minecraft or that it makes any decisions based on Minecraft, small or large, has been proven false again and again by multiple sources, including Mojang themselves.

More realistic world generation, including:

- Smooth, grassy hills

- Rounded Ice capped mountains where you could go snowboarding

- Bigger trees

- Dark, dense forests with tall trees and no sunlight visible through the leaves.

Also Optifine shouldn't be a mod and shaders should be an option to turn off or on.

Maybe it would be cool to introduce more dangerous weather.

Block : Crystal

Mob : Dragon!

Item : Wand

Enchantment : Lava Walker

Dimension : Glitch (Where all blocks are really glitchy and stuff)

Redstone Item : Vaccum Hopper (Brings in all items from a 5 block radius)

Mechanic/Feature (In general) : Magic for the wands, so there is like different elements and stuff, such as Fire, Sound, Void and tons more.

More realistic world generation, including:

- Smooth, grassy hills

- Rounded Ice capped mountains where you could go snowboarding

- Bigger trees

- Dark, dense forests with tall trees and no sunlight visible through the leaves.

Also Optifine shouldn't be a mod and shaders should be an option to turn off or on.

Maybe it would be cool to introduce more dangerous weather.

I definitely agree with the dangerous weather part! Things like hurricanes and tornadoes would be so much fun, so you would have to build some kind of bunker I am thinking?

I definitely agree with the dangerous weather part! Things like hurricanes and tornadoes would be so much fun, so you would have to build some kind of bunker I am thinking?

Respectfully, I disagree. For one thing, massive storms like that would be extremely hard to code and hard to render, not to mention the enormous amounts of lag they would cause. Plus, who would want to build a massive, beautiful mansion when a tornado could come at any second and tear it to shreds in a blink of an eye? No one, that's who. We'd all live in caves or bunkers, which can get boring after a while.

I really think there are enough mobs in the game currently but ever since Microsoft purchased Mojang, I have been extremely frustrated with the lack of communication and updates we were used to in the past. I feel like minecraft fails in the long term game as far as singleplayer goes, and I feel they need to add more blocks, and more structures or find some way to still make the player vulnerable once they have reached diamond armor, tools etc. I would love for there to be an enchantment on tools to break multiple items in a general area at once to make mining or excavation much quicker. I am not much of a redstone or mechanical person but I'm sure those areas could be expanded on as well. I would love for there to be not necessarily a new dimension but new biomes! I have grown accustomed from going from desert to forest to taiga etc. over and over again, and I think if not adding new biomes, make there be at least some variation in the biomes. Before any of this happens though, microsoft and mojang need to figure out how to consistently develop the game to keep the older player base interested.

I think that Microsoft should add tamable dragons. Just imagine flying around and attacking players with fire

Uuuuum, guys, Microsoft does NOT develop the game or interfere with how Mojang runs things. At all. If there's a "lack of communication" (as you say), it's all on Mojang, not Microsoft. Microsoft only owns the Minecraft IP and Mojang as a company, they do not go around making big decisions on how Mojang should make their game, what should or should not be added into the game, or how Mojang should interact with their fans.

The idea that Microsoft is co-developing Minecraft or that it makes any decisions based on Minecraft, small or large, has been proven false again and again by multiple sources, including Mojang themselves.

Thanks for letting me know actually. I genuinely had no idea that was how things were run. Even if that was the way things were run, I did not have a problem with it.

Block: Definitely a lamp, not like a redstone lamp-something much smaller (like a lightbulb that doesn't require redstone) maybe fuel? like coal.

Mob: Elk, Bears, more birds

Item: Magical weapons

Enchantment: Attackspeed on swords? or faster arrow drawing on bows?

Dimension: SPACE! PLANETS! EXTRATERRESTRIAL WORLDS!

Redstone Item: A self sustaining fuel source that can be used for furnaces, maybe like a windmill?

Mechanic/Feature (In general): A horror survival mode, where its night 24/7 and they add scary creatures in (maybe horror myths?).

Any (1) thing else!: Colorful leaves, such as cherryblossoms, orange leaves, white leaves, etc.

This does actually sound really good. Especially the horror survival mode.

I'd like to see a new redstone block added, perhaps a configurable logic block. You change the modes the same way you'd change the command block modes, or perhaps different crafting recipies.

As for Mobs, I'm thinking a ride-able flying creature. Something like a gryphon perhaps. You'd need to feed and provide water for it to keep it alive, and perhaps have different variations and colors. Maybe make it customizable like the banners, you can change the colours by making a "dye" for the feathers.

Block: A meat block similar to bone blocks.

Mob: A living tree that is disguised as a regular tree and becomes hostile if attacked.

Item: One way glass.

Enchantment: More attack range on a sword.

Dimension: Something like a huge cave and there is no way to the surface but through a portal.

Redstone Item: I'm not big in redstone contraptions so I don't know what could be useful.

Mechanic/Feature (In general): The ability to go prone and lay there.

Block: Cabinet- like a chest, but nicer. Comes in the diferent wood types with diferent designs like doors.

Mob: mimicer- a mod that disguises itself as blocks and when tried to be mined it attacks.

Item: strong totem- grants invincibility for 5 seconds. not one time use (it has durability) but it has a large cooldown.

Enchantment: absorbing- with every increase of level there is a 1% chance to raise durability when hit (doesnt work with fall damage)

Dimension: dungeon dimension- a dimension that can only be accesed by using a dragon egg (first time not everytime). It has very buffed mods with insane potion effects.

Redstone Item: teleporter- exactly what it sounds like

Mechanic/Feature (In general): getting more damaged makes you slower

Any (1) thing else!: an item that lets you skip day, like a reverse bed

Block: probably plastic

Mob: flying mob that is ridable

Enchantment:Shock

Dimension: Heaven (like there is the overworld and hell, why not)

Mechanic or feature: Electricity (totally different with redstone)

Block: More solid/near-solid color blocks. Then again, we're sort of getting this with concrete and terracotta, so yeah.

Mob: A new job for the purple-robed villager. If they can nerf librarians with cartographers, they can buff clerics with something else. Alchemists? Apothecaries? Something.

Item: n/a

Enchantment: n/a

Dimension: Just a random sort of idea, how about a vertical or sideways world? Where, say, Z is limited to 0-256 and Y goes off endlessly.

Redstone Item: n/a

Mechanic/Feature (In general): Coloring armors other than leather, please! Just being able to color the trim on iron/gold/diamond would be enough.

Any (1) thing else!: Renewable gravel/sand/clay. Mostly because I just really like renewable materials. That's all there is to say here. Dunno about sand or clay, but I could totally see gravel deriving from cobblestone or cracked stone bricks. Maybe a 1 in 256 chance of getting gravel instead of the normal drop.

Block : i would love a cloud block, i know there is modpacks, but id like in survival

Mob : I love annimals in mc, so i'd like something like a fish, maybe a shark.

Item : A chisel, to chisel blocks

Enchantment : Something like a curse you get throw at your enemy

Dimension : space dimension

Redstone Item : a better clock

Mechanic/Feature (In general) : the ability to climb walls

Any (1) thing else! : a building tool that allow you to copy structures.

The creative mode inventory is outdated. You have to search for enchant books because they're not listed in any of the tabs, and you can't sort combat enchants from tool enchants.

Also, I'd like to see larger oceans and larger boats, that would add such a great trade network in multiplayer and make it easy to embark on a pilgrimage so to speak!

Sign in to follow this