NuclearPhys

Do you rather living alone or living in a town in minecraft?

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I personally prefer a town because of the sharing of resources and what not, but I could see how a person could prefer living alone. I sometimes think living alone is a better choice though- but it really depends on your work ethic. What do you guys think?

EDIT: If you rather a town, what kind of town do you like?!

Edited by

Having barely played any multiplayer, I would really, REALLY like to give a co-op town a try. PvP just... well, I crammed a workable base into an island, then ran into some else's tunnel while mining myself. Panicked, packed up and moved out.

As far as what style... I dunno. My only real "experience" is with watching stuff like Hermitcraft. The organic development looks incredibly beautiful, though I imagine myself getting lost pretty easily inside of them.

I like living in a town because of the friendships and stuff you build while livin in a neighbourhood setting

I'd rather live in a town honestly. Makes it fun to own a shop or have shops right across from me to buy goods from.

Posted (edited)

I generally make somewhat large builds with farms, grinders, and villager breeding so this leads me to live away from towns and spawn because of the amount of land that I use. I plan on making a rail system to lead out to the northern area to make it easier for others to build and gather resources out here. I also plan on making a shop in the shopping district.

Edited by

I like somewhere in the middle, maybe the outskirts of a town. This can result in a small sharing of recourses while still being alone. One thing I might do on the server is build a town around my base, which I think is the best scenario.

Hmmm I think im in between like NeonNarwhal4 but a little tilted on the alone side. It fun to have people to play with but sometimes their builds can be eyesores for me personally but if I had to live in a town it would be with some amazing builders.

Its nice living in a solitary environment as well as living in a town because both have pro's and con's. Living in a town means you get the creative energy to build more and be helpful with redstone inventions to make life easier for fellow people (or just yourself) but also living alone means you don't have to worry about ugly builds and people invading your personal space. I don't know, I feel like it depends on what mood you're in.

I like building in towns due to the overall effort of everyone combined to make the town look as nice as possible, and where you're done everyone has the same satisfaction and everyone can team up and explore together!

i'd rather be in a town because just being in a small community with people and building things just seems neat (also leeching off others for materials >:D)

I like town more because everyone would be pretty much all be communicating and talking since people would be asking each other probably for supplies and stuff and some help on building their thing on whatever their making

i like to live in a small town with like 15 to 20 ish people

I LOVE TOWNS. Because i love having shared farms and when alot of people are in the same town bigger builds are no problem and getting recourses is not a problem, that is why i love towns. Also the cousy feeling of a wooden village is really classic. Medival towns arr the best , I like having the village inside of giant stone walls and a castle somewhere close.

I'd rather be in a town beacuse the more houses and other builds in a area looks nicer and you can get help of other pepole, you can borrow stuff and you are the whole time close to shops and other pepole

I think i like living alone more.. not that i dislike the idea of creating a small community with others, on the contrary i really like the sound of that but i do believe making your main base alone gives you more freedom. And you can always create a shop or a another house in a town.

I have to agree with NeonNarwhal4. But, I am like 40% for living in a town, and 60%. I usually have BIG plans in mind when playing on a server so I usually just go alone and do what I have to do. I also have some trust issues :P but once I trust people I enjoy living in a town where you can see what everyone else is doing while still working on your own projects.

My usual style is living alone, but I always love building villages for villagers. Some people like to ruthlessly slaughter them; I like to save them and protect them. They're innocent.

I played solo couple of times but it gets really boring.

I like to play in town with others and the thing that makes me happy is farming and getting food for other players :)

For me, my style of playing is to start off building solo, usually until a basic plot for the base is made, then i start work on a town-like with other structrues around it while i'm building it up.

I'd much rather be with out in the wild, alone, but being with one (or two) friends is fine from time to time. Leeching off materials is also fun, especially when I know the person. c:<

Towns! I like to have people near me :D, we can talk about our builds, maybe some ideas, maybe do some projects together!

Town, that is the part of minecraft that i enjoy. Where there is like a community and other houses that people ACTUALLY own. So much fun playing with other people around.

I would live in a town with my friends I would have a lot more fun then if it was just me

I love to live in a good community, but I like to start my place by myself, just because I find it annoying when people but in on me building.

I seem to have a thing about living with people. That isn't intentional at all, but I always lose motivation when I'm living on my own, so I guess it works out!