Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group
Sign in to follow this  
Kwiz

What's the most under-rated block

Kwiz    1

Howdy Peeps:

What do you feel is the most under rated block in the game? Something not appreciated for what it can really do?

Me first:

Portal blocks!! I love them. I love the way they look when en masse. And the teleporting is great. When you do the setblock to place them, there's a field for the coords to teleport to and whether it is an exact or safe teleport. I really can't believe that more mapmakers and server creators don't use this block! It's only limitation is you can't TP between dimensions. I made a server for the 1.10 launch featuring a bunch of gateways and a central hub based on this block and it was so much fun. I can only think of one other time that I've even seen it implemented in a map, and I've never seen it used on a server. It's the same block that's in those little teleport things to the sky islands that you get from killing the dragon. When I used them I typically made like a 3x3 wall of them to walk through. Works for players, mobs, and items however it can be glitchy when you ride a horse through it. Still better than using command block to TP tho. If you want to see it in action you can check the old server preview video here (server no longer exists, so this is not an ad)

">

flipout16    1

The most underrated block has to be Ice. I know it gets some love when making something cold or snow related or when you need to get around faster but, I think it is a really nice block to look at as well as a nice block to use for houses and outside decor.

Zieon    1

I never see anyone incorporate coal blocks, but I see obsidian all the time even when the purplish tint on the obsidian doesn't look as good as the straight black of coal.

Pandeoo    81

Mycelium is rarely used, but is really nice in any areas with mushrooms or moldy darkness.

DWickett    0

Andesite, I always hear so many people talk about how bad or ugly it is, but if you mix it in with stone & cobble it looks SO good. also, looks great polished

GreasyTroll4    18

Diorite, Andesite and Granite

Well, andesite is used quite often for medieval builds. It's considered by most people (not all, though) to be actually a very nice block for stone walls, paths, mountain terraforming, etc.

As for the original question, I'd say red netherbrick and netherwart blocks. There are some genuinely good uses for them, yet they are rarely used and it's quite sad, in my opinion.

Javious    0

Diorite, Andesite and Granite

Well, andesite is used quite often for medieval builds. It's considered by most people (not all, though) to be actually a very nice block for stone walls, paths, mountain terraforming, etc.

I know, I forgot I didn't remove andesite lol, and I use it alot too!

Pandeoo    81
57 minutes ago, Brenegan said:

Red brick boi

As in normal brick or red nether brick?

Brenegan    0
41 minutes ago, _Pande_ said:

As in normal brick or red nether brick?

Normal brick. Use some dark oak logs and some spuce wood. Put it in a dark colored grass biome. Mui bueno

Pandeoo    81
7 hours ago, Brenegan said:

Normal brick. Use some dark oak logs and some spuce wood. Put it in a dark colored grass biome. Mui bueno

I totally agree. The texture is a bit plain on default, but with vader's alternate block pack, it is beautiful.

sofiahana    3
17 hours ago, Brenegan said:

Never really used brick, but that sounds nice so might try something like that when I make my next house!

Novellee    2

I agree that brick is underrated. Also I think jungle wood is pretty underrated, even though it's not the most attractive wood, it's pretty when paired with something darker (like dark oak wood)

Sign in to follow this