Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group
Tex

The Dragonhearted (Independent RP Faction)

Also see: How Knights Contribute

The Overworld is a land of wonder, danger, excitement, and boundless opportunity. It is filled with soaring mountains, cavernous depths, and expansive oceans. From peaceful wild animals roaming the plains and forests to the undead lurking in every dark corner of the world, one group of docile life forms stands taller than all the rest.

I am, of course, talking about the peaceful Villagers.

The villages lay spread out across the land of Everneth, just sitting there, open and exposed. In many cases, unlit. During my travels, I have encountered villages with houses blocked with stone bricks. The villagers were helplessly trapped inside by some unknown person or persons. I decided that I had had enough. For many years, I made it my mission to protect villagers, because they were simply defenseless. I built walls, lamp posts, new homes and churches, and received nothing in reward but food and a bed for the night. It was a service, an honor.

Now, I'm bringing my mission to the people of Everneth.

The Dragonhearted is a guild independent of the factions and national interests dominating the land. Politics does not exist within areas protected by the Dragonhearted. The guild does not seek to assert power over other citizens of Everneth, nor their individual factions and governments. The Dragonhearted exist for one purpose only: To be the first and last line of defense for the peaceful villagers of Everneth. The guild is guided by six tenets that every member is expected to follow:

• Protect without hesitation.
  • Uphold freedom and stop oppression.
  • Enhance, not interfere.
  • Create safety, not chaos.
  • Co-exist, not conquer.
  • Uphold these tenets for villagers and fellow knights.

The Dragonhearted guild is based from my personal home town of Fort Dragonheart. The tenets and member list are visible in Dragonheart Keep, where guild business is conducted. The guild is home to a communal crafting and storage area that members are free to exchange items in and use as a safe haven on their travels. In exchange for these rewards, members of the guild are sworn to protect villagers and their homes wherever they may be, and establish peaceful trading and rest stops for adventurers passing through.

Those wishing to join the Dragonhearted may contact me through PM, posting in this thread, or by messaging me while I am online on the server.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Tex

Hey Tex, would we play in the same time zone? Just asking because it would make sense to team up with someone from the same time zone, would it?

Im from Europe UTC +1, usually playing after 20.00.

Unfortunately I'm UTC -6, but my playtimes are varying wildly right now while I get some job security and other things. I can play many hours a day or only a few, it depends on the day. And really, we wouldn't necessarily need to play at the same time for you to participate in the guild if you would like to, though we would have to schedule a time for you to get officially sworn in like the other members already have.

5 hours ago, ThatFoxPing said:

Would you mind if ask what kind of "Enhancing" are you talking about? Would trading be okay? Do you consider building a better-looking village interfering? 

By "Enhance, not interfere" I mean exactly that, actually- villages that not only look better but function better as well. I'm sure you know that sometimes village roads can look pretty funky, lead nowhere, or even sometimes block the entrances to buildings and trap villagers. By enhancing the roads, carving them out to help the village, that is enhancing rather than interfering. It's the same with planting and replanting as well as trading- Essentially, don't be jerks to villagers, especially don't kill them, and improve and protect the village. That's the main idea.

How Knights Contribute

As a member of the Dragonhearted, players are awarded the rank of "Knight." Knights of the Dragonhearted are expected to uphold the six tenets of the Guild as they go about their daily business, but are not required to house themselves within the home town of Fort Dragonheart or dedicate themselves solely to Guild business. Instead, after some deliberation I've thought about how best Knights of the Guild should contribute to the Guild's aims.

Upon becoming a Knight, members should make it their business to identify and propose a village that should be incorporated under the Dragonhearted's protection. Once approved, the Knight has sole authority on how best to defend, enhance, and light the village, according to certain guidelines. Upon being assigned to a village, the Knight may propose a name for the village, and gains the title of Protector for that specific village. For example, because I have been working first to protect the village of Pumba Valley, my official title would proceed as Knight-Commander Tex, Protector of Pumba Valley.

Protectors have complete artistic authority over the village, and as long as the defenses built follow proper guidelines, they can be built however the Protector sees fit.

Edited by Tex

I am returning to Everneth after a hiatus, and I will be reforming the Dragonhearted. More to come in the future.