Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group
Sign in to follow this  
OriginalYT

What is your meaning of life?

Just a curious question that sometimes sparks off in my head and wanted to know what you guys thought was your depiction of it.

Mine is that we are here to progress as a species to become interplanetary and to repopulate.

(doesn't just have to be about humans it can be about any life you want it to be)

Live how you want to live, and don't listen to others when they try to govern your life. Don't discriminate because your ideas differ from somebody else's. If it does not affect you, what right do you have to interfere?

That's pretty much what I live by. I don't think it encompasses my entire belief system, but it's pretty close. Thinking how I think (and everybody thinking the way they think) affects how I feel about controversial topics, what clothes to wear, and how to act. It's the same thing for everybody else. If I want to grow up dreaming to be a person who builds and races cars, then I do that. If somebody else thinks I'd be better off as a teacher, or a judge, or a police officer, or something else- oh well. My life, not yours, and I do what makes me happy.

I am a nihilist, to me, there is no meaning of life, we are here by chance and as such, we should get as much experience as possible to enjoy what we have. I do think we should let a good world for our children tho. So don't over do it on the fun :) 

1 hour ago, Sh3mm said:

I am a nihilist, to me, there is no meaning of life, we are here by chance and as such, we should get as much experience as possible to enjoy what we have. I do think we should let a good world for our children tho. So don't over do it on the fun :) 

Nice 😁

The meaning of life is to live it the best way you can, which is rather generic but true. Spend your life doing things that let you enjoy yourself, as long as those things dont interfere with other's chances at living their own lives.  

• Like 1

The meaning of life for me is to live everyday according to how you see it. It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what you make of what you believe in your daily life.

(and also to meet yaya toure in person!)

For things I don't like, I aim low, so they turn out better than expected and I get joy out of it.

As for things I do like, I overestimate myself, since I like the process of trying to better myself in that area.

The meaning of life is to live your way and also enjoy it. You shouldn't have to be afraid of what others think of you and you should be able to do what you would like freely and have lots of fun!

I think that there is no set meaning of life, but that we have to create our own. People aren't meant to do some specific thing from birth, but rather, we are meant to do whatever we want in life, whatever makes us happy.

There's probably a really specific meaning of life, but ***** that reason! Do something else instead, because that meaning for life has no sway over what you do! (Unless you say that meaning is some nihilistic random chance thing and all our actions are predetermined but at least you can pretend they're not don't worry I was an edgy teenager too)

Sign in to follow this