Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group

I wanted to post this little area as a debate. I figure I'd go ahead and put this little discussion out here to talk about our favorite animes. I liked SAO because of the Romance and the action. Please leave your opinions on anime below!

~Foximity

6 hours ago, LordGeokal said:

Tbh the only anime I've ever watched and actually enjoyed is Death Note. Nothing else seems good enough...

You should try out Code Geass, it's similar in the fact that it requires a great deal of strategy for the characters to survive. Also, a bit of action too.

23 hours ago, NextelChirp said:

I liked SAO until the second half of season 1. Being a military dude, I loved Code Geas. Also, Yu-Yu Hakusho and HxH, all in preferential order.

Oh yeah I definitely didn't like the second half of Season 1 SAO. It felt kind of dumb and took away from Asunas character. The second season wasn't that bad though.

8 hours ago, LordGeokal said:

Tbh the only anime I've ever watched and actually enjoyed is Death Note. Nothing else seems good enough...

I'm guessing you're gonna watch the death note series when it comes to Netflix then. If you're interested, try watching other animes. You may just find one you like if you stay interested. But if you don't have a crazy amount of time, try watching the shorter animes. 

10 hours ago, NextelChirp said:

You should try out Code Geass, it's similar in the fact that it requires a great deal of strategy for the characters to survive. Also, a bit of action too.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

8 hours ago, Foximity said:

I'm guessing you're gonna watch the death note series when it comes to Netflix then. If you're interested, try watching other animes. You may just find one you like if you stay interested. But if you don't have a crazy amount of time, try watching the shorter animes. 

Yeah, I most likely will watch it :P

11 hours ago, LordGeokal said:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Another one that I liked was Hunter X Hunter. Really good, it seems really cheery at first, but then a second you go along, it gets dark really fast, especially the Chimera Ant arc. But, I still like Code Geass more.

I haven't really watched any anime recently, but I really enjoyed Ore Monogatari. I'm interested in Oruchuban Ebichu, because I always find hilarious screenshots of it.

3 hours ago, MintyToothepaste said:

Although not a series, but any of the Studio Ghibli movies are pretty amazing in my book.  Especially Spirited away~!

Try not to necropost, but Spirited Away was good

Since we are all pretending we're too good for it, I'll say it. I grew up with and still like Naruto. Love the action. That is why I like Avatar: The Last Airbender, but that could be debated as non-anime.

More then those though is Princess Mononoke and Redline.

I don't know if I would chose Brotherhood, Full Metal Alchemist, or Deathnote. I love all 3, they are all entertaining.

Just started watching Fate: Stay Night and I was expecting an action and fighting anime about magic and knighthood but episode 7 and everything before it is just looking like a *****ing Harem anime.

And Kate Higgins is voicing Saber too, it is only 24 episodes so I am gonna keep watching but I got ask:

Where's the fighting?

Edited by RashE (IrashiHeart)
EDIT: Wanna point out that Kate Higgins voicing Saber is a plus for me, not a complaint.

i've only delved a little bit into the really weeby level anime but I mostly like the more popular ones like full metal alchemist brotherhood and naruto

Hate to sound like a casual but so far that has been by far the best.

In the eastern/lesser known to a western public anime it can't seem to stop the fan service for five minutes, I like tits as much as the next guy but the delivery is nauseating and the writing is always cheesy.

But my sample size is low still, looking forward the Full Metal series.

BTW check our Boruto if you get the chance, it started boring but the last three episodes and the last two arcs are amazing and filled with combat.

I think that my favorite anime is "Angel Beats!".
I like the dynamics and the plot. But, the finale make me cry like a child whose candy was taken away.

Angel Beats! is a great anime, I enjoyed all of the backstory that pushed every episode, it got me past that initial "not sure what the point of this anime is" period.

As a kid I watched Full Metal Alchemist, and I still think it's my favorite.  I watched all of SAO 1 in a single day as part of a dare, and I thoroughly enjoyed the first 12-15ish episodes.  I just wish they could've really slowed it down...skipping three years without even telling us what really happened? SAO 2 was also very good, IMO.  Besides that, Attack on Titan is the only thing that rivals FMA, and I'm very excited for the new season to come out.

Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)! I love both plots revolving around time travel and murder mysteries and this one fits both perfectly!

Definitely Naruto I love the long journey of his meeting and making friends and becoming stronger each episode although I really think they should have settled down a bit with the fillers.