Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group
Dochasach

When Did You Join?

Hey guys! I was just curious as to when y'all joined minecraft and after all the updates which one was your most and least favorite. ^-^

I first started playing Minecraft back in 2012 after the 1.1 update. I've had some pretty long breaks because of school so I didn't get to play the versions of 1.6-1.8.8.

My favourite update is the 1.9 update. I know that the changes that were made to the combat mechanics are kind of a controversy but in my opinion it added a lot to the gameplay and made it somewhat harder to survive.

As for my least favourite update I can't really tell. It's not entire updates but more different aspects of some. For example I dislike that it is no longer possible to put mending and infinity on a bow. Another example would be the changes they made to the wool colours in 1.12 although I have already kind of gotten used to it.

I first started playing in 1.7.10 and haven't looked back since. Every update and adventure since then has been amazing.

As for my favorite update, I would have to say 1.9 as well, for the same reasons as Kathi, but also because of Elytras, the expansion of the End, the tougher mobs, and introduction of Shulkers (which would lead to Shulker boxes in 1.11). Of course, those aren't the only reasons why I love 1.9, but those are some of the main ones. :)

I started playing in 2012, around the 1.3 release. By far, the worst update was 1.9... the old combat system was soooooooo much better. The only reason I say this is because I started playing MC on PVP factions servers soooo yeah. One of the best updates was the one with horse (idk which one it was)

12 minutes ago, lopp said:

I started playing in 2012, around the 1.3 release. By far, the worst update was 1.9... the old combat system was soooooooo much better. The only reason I say this is because I started playing MC on PVP factions servers soooo yeah. One of the best updates was the one with horse (idk which one it was)

It was 1.5 probably...

Alpha 13. I played actively until Beta 1.2.7, I think. Then, started playing again from release 1.2.1 through 1.5.2.  Then I stopped playing until 1.9, then again unti 1.11. My least favorite update was 1.4.4 release, because it added a glitch that would crash the game whenever paintings were loaded, and I was stuck in all my worlds because I decorate all my houses with them. Took them 4 weeks to fix that in 1.5, I think. (Idk, been years, might have forgotten the exact versions.)

On 7/27/2017 at 4:18 PM, LordGeokal said:

It was 1.5 probably...

Horses were 1.6, 1.5 added red stone blocks, light and heavy pressure plates, and comparators (the repeaters with 3 torches, I think.)

Played on the free classic version of minecraft in late 2009 through to late 2010 when I brought the game in Alpha where it transitioned shortly to Beta. There use to be some cool minigames on the simplest of minecraft versions  (classic). 

Learned about MC through my older brother, he used to play around InfDev, then stopped, then played a lot after alpha had just finished and they were going onto beta. Have to say, serious this time, Beta 1.9, the famed adventure update.

I have been playing Minecraft for like 6 years. My older brother bought it when it started getting popular, and I would watch him when I was 10. I finally bought my own and ever since then Ive loved video games.

i started in 1.3.2, my least favorite updates are the newer ones by Microsoft. They dont feel like the mega hyped yearly (or more) updated things Mojang put out on their own. Plus how will mods keep up???

I first started playing minecraft in what seems to be the dinosaur age for most, that's he Alpha(not sure which version). Personally i did like the older minecraft and just how simple it was at the time and it was a brand new groundbreaking idea for a game. Now it just seems overly cluttered to me. Just a personal opinion, but still love the game!