[[Template core/front/ta_templates/ does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
News Ticker
  • Infamous fiend and 'go-getter' MoAboss16 was exiled into the realm of Ban this last week. Festivals are held in honor of this wondrous event.
  • A group of cultists say the world will end on October 31st. Threats are being taken lightly.
  • There have been claims that an old, dead-looking man has been seen strolling about the Parliament gardens. Many claim it to be the Dead King Faceman, Usurper GreasyTroll4 denies claims.
  • A recent report abc has shown that the ABCs are abc starting to flood the abc forums. Technicians are abc stumped, and Warwolf595 is laughing.
  • Joseph_Hazel was fortunate enough to receive a small loan of way too much money from his parents. Complains that he is fighting the urge to not complain.
  • Stock prices rise as illegal glitch operatives are taken into custody!
  • Sybillian transcended among the clouds this past Friday, likely to never be seen again.
  • Recent climate changes show that Winter is in fact coming.
  • Crowd gathers as LARP'ers in the middle of field keep shouting 'Xanada reigns supreme!' Assumed crazy.
  • First showing of new series 'Pimp my tower' is huge success!
  • rolo_ found snorting redstone behind Parliament building after a stress-inducing item insufficiency.
  • Riots break out in the streets of Heuvel as many people dressed in Riot gear beat their citizens to death.
  • The resurgence of the bot 'Momo', popular among young boys, raises questions.
  • Breaking! 3 party-goers found dead in supposed Poolside Scandal.
  • Group gathers outside town hall when city bell rings, riot then forms when they realize it's another call to vote.
  • Pandeoo caught smuggling 30 tons of shrooms, denies they belong to him.
  • Zieon was spotted cleaving watermelons on his front porch using a bush axe that eventually drew a crowd to view this spectacle.
  • Today EarthCube discovered that he had his identity stolen when reports of a "MarsCube" was arrested in Liverpool, UK and charged with 17 counts of identity fraud.
  • Pandeoo earned a place in Everneth history as his awe-inspiring account of defeating the Ender Dragon ended with his own spontaneous combustion.
  • 20JPorter was arrested for the 18th time last night performing a ritual to resummon the demon Formitiis. Bunkmate Sybillian is not amused.
GreasyTroll4

Reset Discussion Thread

GreasyTroll4    18

Now, before we kick things off here, I want to apologize if I came off as biased against a reset in the reset poll. In a way, I actually am, since I really do not want to give up this map (my love for the city I worked so hard to build comes to mind). However, it was not my intention to force people to vote against a reset. If my wording made it look that way, I truly am sorry. :(

Now then, there are many good reasons why people want a reset or don't want a reset. There are also many good reasons why a reset is both good and bad. In my point of view, a reset can cause a huge increase in activity and will inspire people again. However, on the flip side, the current map may still have life in it if you try your best to get that spark of inspiration again, and some awesome, astonishing projects may forever be left unfinished if you don't.

I'm not here to say what to think or what not to think. The point of this post is for you all to discuss your reasons for why you want/don't want a reset, and why you think it would be beneficial for the community as a whole. Remember, whether to have a reset or not is a huge community decision, and all of your voices must be heard. You can speak for yourself, but keep that in mind when you type.

Now that that's finished, let the discussion begin!

RemyBoyz_    1

Like you said, it will give people inspiration again. I most definitely cannot speak for everyone, but i find that once a player has everything, god gear, a great base, etc. It kind of gets boring. That is just my opinion though.

EarthCube    3
6 minutes ago, RemyBoyz_ said:

Like you said, it will give people inspiration again. I most definitely cannot speak for everyone, but i find that once a player has everything, god gear, a great base, etc. It kind of gets boring. That is just my opinion though.

For me, I feel the opposite way. I find the end-game to be the best part of the game. Instead of focusing on grinding to get good tools and armor, I can work on building my base and other fun projects. Also, I still see so much more to do on this map. Lots of people including myself still have bases to finish, and there's still spawn to do as well as the role-play. If someone is truly out of inspiration there's always the option of moving out and starting a secondary base somewhere else. There's just so many things that can be worked on, I don't see why someone would need a new map to play.

Now I know a lot of people see a reset as an opportunity to cure the inactivity problem we've been having. However, I don't see this as a long-term solution. The burst in activity will likely diminish in just a few weeks like it would on any other map. There's plenty of other ways we can boost activity such as events, mini-games, and competitions. In my opinion though, the best way to boost activity is to just play. Everyone seems to have the mentality that no one else is playing so I won't either, and this has spread to the point where almost no one is playing now. But I think the opposite is also true. If more people begin to play again, the activity will catch on and others will want to join in too. So just go on and play a little. Mine for a bit or finish a house, and you'll start to see the activity come back. Anyways, those are just my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

P.S. No need to write another paragraph for this, but voting helps with activity so here's the link and go do it if you haven't already today: http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/350215/vote/

• Like 1

MoAboss16    1

Even though i do want to reset the map, i dont think its a great idea since most people will be starting school and wont be able to play regardless. I do hope that staff finds a way to increase activity and i wish the map stays until June. Once June hits most people will be out of school and a reset will be perfect at that time to bring tons of people back to play.

I am fairly new to this server, and the little time I did have on it, I have spent terraforming. It would suck to finally get finished terraforming my area, just for it to be reset, and have me have to restart it all. Kind of sucks. However, this also means that I have not really started building my actual build, and I don't have a lot of attachment to it just yet.

However, there are many people that HAS started their builds and gotten quite far in their endeavors. Many people are extremely attached to their builds, and spent so long on them. However, this may mean that they are, for a lack of a better word, "sick" of it, and would like a fresh start (but they could always just make a new nether tunnel, or continue their current one, and start a new project some place else).

If I'm being completely honest with everyone, most of the people that are on this server are builders, and dare-I-say they are quite damn good at it. If we were to reset the world, people would be focusing a lot more on grinding, mining, getting food, etc. If we were to not reset the map, people would be able to focus more on their builds and projects. And if we were to reset the world, I feel like it would be a big " *&^! you " to all the hard work that we have spent on our builds and projects.

Having other people in mind, I would hate to see all that hard work go to waste. So I would personally prefer to NOT have the server reset. However, since I am fairly new to this server, I personally would not be upset if it were to be reset.  

19 hours ago, MoAboss16 said:

i dont think its a great idea since most people will be starting school and wont be able to play regardless.

I completely agree with this statement!

My opinion:

I do believe in a reset. The reason for this is because I am just not real inspired to build anything on the server anymore. As most of you know I am building a museum. Not only will this museum take forever to build in survival and get all of the mobs, there is really no point in building it on the server. Even if the server is not reset now, it will be reset around Christmas. There is no time for the museum to achieve the appriciation that it would hold if it was built at the start of a new season. This doesn't go just for the museum however, this goes for all projects many people are wanting to build. They will not get the attention they deserve if these builds were built at the beginning of a season. More people will be on which means more attention to players' builds/projects.

But, even though I want a reset, I do not think it should be done in the future. Lots of people are starting school which means they have less free time. Resettting the server will not come hang this is issue. The server will still be pretty inactive compared to if it was started in the summer or Christmas time or spring break. School will still continue. I suggest that a reset should occur during one of these three events so more players are active.

Now here are things that I think would help the community some more. For one thing, I think there should be more builds near spawn/spawn should be more active. Think of Mindcrack Season 4. At the beginning, there was a World border that people could not pass which forced them to make a base near spawn,thus making spawn more active. This server is multilayered after all, Ned one who way to make it more interactive is to do this sort of concept. Also, there should NOT be theme. Themes limit what people can build to express their creativity. When someone new joins the server, the first thing they see is spawn. Spawn should be the most impressive thing on the server,  a bunch of unfinished projects.

Anywhooo this is just my opinion: take it or leave it. I a man interested in what people think about what I said so please discuss this below. I just hope that whatever we do further makes the community better.

-Yogi

• Like 1

Adriano1804    1

I like playing on the server, but the thought that whatever I build will disappear after a while no matter what is sad. I can't make a big project without it being a few weeks before reset. I'd like many more people to experience what it is like, but I can't. I don't see a point to play if a big project needs to be worked on a lot to be done before a reset, which eats up a lot of time. This is one of the reasons I don't play anymore. 

I think a good idea would be to have a map that lasts a long time, and by long I mean a few years possibly. Sounds dumb, since the map will just get ruined, but at least I won't have to worry about my build being gone after some time. And to prevent making the land unclean, we could have a team that removes creeper holes, terraforms places destroyed by players that aren't even being used, for example a big crater from an explosion could use with a hill or plains there. ETC.

This is my opinion tho. But I think this would do quite well. Please consider this.

• Like 1

rjuneja    0

Personally, i still haven't played, so my opinion doesn't really reflect people individually, but from my experience in SMP's, a map reset will generally, at first, demotivate people and cause them to be less active, but will eventually get them much more excited to play on the server.