[[Template core/front/ta_templates/ does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
News Ticker
  • Infamous fiend and 'go-getter' MoAboss16 was exiled into the realm of Ban this last week. Festivals are held in honor of this wondrous event.
  • A group of cultists say the world will end on October 31st. Threats are being taken lightly.
  • There have been claims that an old, dead-looking man has been seen strolling about the Parliament gardens. Many claim it to be the Dead King Faceman, Usurper GreasyTroll4 denies claims.
  • A recent report abc has shown that the ABCs are abc starting to flood the abc forums. Technicians are abc stumped, and Warwolf595 is laughing.
  • Joseph_Hazel was fortunate enough to receive a small loan of way too much money from his parents. Complains that he is fighting the urge to not complain.
  • Stock prices rise as illegal glitch operatives are taken into custody!
  • Sybillian transcended among the clouds this past Friday, likely to never be seen again.
  • Recent climate changes show that Winter is in fact coming.
  • Crowd gathers as LARP'ers in the middle of field keep shouting 'Xanada reigns supreme!' Assumed crazy.
  • First showing of new series 'Pimp my tower' is huge success!
  • rolo_ found snorting redstone behind Parliament building after a stress-inducing item insufficiency.
  • Riots break out in the streets of Heuvel as many people dressed in Riot gear beat their citizens to death.
  • The resurgence of the bot 'Momo', popular among young boys, raises questions.
  • Breaking! 3 party-goers found dead in supposed Poolside Scandal.
  • Group gathers outside town hall when city bell rings, riot then forms when they realize it's another call to vote.
  • Pandeoo caught smuggling 30 tons of shrooms, denies they belong to him.
  • Zieon was spotted cleaving watermelons on his front porch using a bush axe that eventually drew a crowd to view this spectacle.
  • Today EarthCube discovered that he had his identity stolen when reports of a "MarsCube" was arrested in Liverpool, UK and charged with 17 counts of identity fraud.
  • Pandeoo earned a place in Everneth history as his awe-inspiring account of defeating the Ender Dragon ended with his own spontaneous combustion.
  • 20JPorter was arrested for the 18th time last night performing a ritual to resummon the demon Formitiis. Bunkmate Sybillian is not amused.

Adriano1804    1

First of all, this is all my opinion. I am not saying this IS the problem, I am just saying that I think this may be a problem/is the cause of the inactivity.

I really like this community. Lots of fun, tight friendships, etc. It seems like a good idea, but I notice that only main players, such as pande, GT, kathi, basically staff and old players, stay on this server. I basically never see any new players. Most of them end up quitting. Why?

I aren't exactly a big member of the community, so I kinda see why. You see, it doesn't feel welcoming enough to new players. There are a lot of ways how it isn't welcoming, and it may take a while to list, but, of course,
Whatevet xD

I find that I easily feel left out. Like, all the (mains lol) staff and old players have a lot they know about each other,  they remember their past experiences,  but when newbies come join, they see all this stuff going on, and they wish they could know about what is happening there. I still feel that. Another thing I find, is the surrounding isn't so, welcoming. I personally think a lot more work should be put into that, since it gives a first impression. I also think it should be a community project, not just for the interior department.

I would also love a lot more diversity in the map. The current map is simply: Build a base, visit shops for resources with diamonds from your mine, which to me is all boring. I mean at first it feels new, but it does become quite boring after a while. I'd love more fun! Some more twists, more permanent activities! Shops seem like a lazy way to play. I wish we shared more, and not for some boring diamonds. I wish we helped each other instead for free, not for diamonds. That also gets annoying. 

Basically there are a lot of things I think cause the inactivity lately. One main thing is school. But overall, I still think these things may help the community, and may help future maps live on... I may build my tree again, who knows?

Welp, if you wanna add on to this, or state your opinion, then go do so! Nothing's stoppi- wait there is? what is it? Wh- oh you need to go feed your cats. K do so then state your opinion pls.

hlelh sos snans

Edit: Apperantly I am longer here than kathi O.o

Edited by Adriano1804
Reason for editing: AMZ is strict on grammar lol

MoAboss16    1

Well when your newly joined you cant expect to just know everything. You have to spend time online and get to know people. I played on the server for 4 months before realizing they used discord a lot.

Haven't posted in so long I kinda forget how to start a post. Oops.

I guess first, I agree with the left out thing, but I guess that's something to fix on more of an individual basis. It really depends on people's personalities and outgoingness. Some people have spent a long time making the friends they have and have more trouble being welcoming while others are very outgoing and welcoming. Overall, I think people don't talk as much as they used to in chat especially when just a few people are on. I think if people would try a little bit harder to ask how people's days are going it would help solve the problem.

As far as surrounding, Int is working out and from the pictures I've seen its beginning to look a lot better. (I haven't been as active as I should be so I haven't been to spawn recently. :/ )

I also agree with the diversity fact, as do a lot of people, but no one ever seems to have many ideas. The reason people burn out is because everyone wants to become op and then when they are they lose interest and quit playing. Then when that handful of people quits playing, server activity drops and many people decline to get on when there are only 1-2 people online. But resets aren't an option because another handful of people are still dedicated to their bases so it wouldn't be fair to them. Honestly, I don't know if there is anything we can do to stop the cycle besides perhaps prolong it. And of course now with school, activity will drop anyways. I think during the school year, people like to do short bursts of minecraft and not devote themselves to projects as much.

Next, I must agree with the whole diamond thing. People seem to get so greedy sometimes and it would be a great community bonding thing if we just helped each other out for free for a change.

Don't know if this helps at all,  just my opinion.

• Like 1

Adriano1804    1
Just now, AmzCuriousPanda said:

AMZ's big post

I agree. One thing I wanna add on to, is the 2nd thing. Not many have ideas, true. But maybe we could come together and talk about it. Bit by bit we can think of a solution. Of course the answer may not be simple. But you of course gotta try hard :P

MoAboss16    1

Well the diamond thing gives people motivation to build stuff or make their own farms. I try to raise my prices on purpose to give people the motivation to instead just build their own farm so they wouldnt have to pay those ridiculous prices. Also giving people the help they need here and there for free is also great and i hope we see more of that. The diamond thing makes a competition in spawn and i kinda like that.

Adriano1804    1
Just now, MoAboss16 said:

Well the diamond thing gives people motivation to build stuff or make their own farms. I try to raise my prices on purpose to give people the motivation to instead just build their own farm so they wouldnt have to pay those ridiculous prices. Also giving people the help they need here and there for free is also great and i hope we see more of that. The diamond thing makes a competition in spawn and i kinda like that.

Yes, competition from time to time is fun. But after a while, going to a mine and repeating the same actions over, and over, and over, gets waaay too boring in my opinion.