DMiGaming

What is your favorite style of building?

What is everyone's favorite types or styles of building? For example, dark and rustic, bright and modern, etc.

My favorite would probably have to be dark and rustic because there is just so much detail put into those kinds of builds to make them look great, plus all of the dark blocks that are available go together so well and make for an amazing looking build!

Gritty and Dirty Fantasy. I have a strict belief that business helps a lot in Minecraft, that and asymmetry and nature growth. Messy roads that have been really downtrodden, vines growing on castle walls, chips in cobblestones, etc.

And since first impressions are so important in Minecraft, scale and immersion are really important to me. That is why I like making giant ass wheat fields that just sprawl and sprawl for miles with little windmills and horse-wagons popping up above the reeds. Nothing feels cooler than sprinting down a path with wheat fields on both sides with little wood street lights and gritty little structures and graceful custom trees.

I'd have to go with Rashe on this,  anything medieval has a special place in my heart, if something looks new or perfectly made it also gives off a fake appearance to me.

I haven't really been into building houses lately. Tbh I'm perfectly happy building landscapes all day. So I agree wheat fields and just some muddy paths look awesome! In my opinion it's just way too much work to gather all the materials... I can never find enough flowers...

Now about styles: I don't like building the same style all the time. Of course we all have some design features we add to many of our builds and so do I. But I try to build in a new style whenever I can. Except for the roofs... my roofs stay the same cuz I just love them.

I like grandscale underground seemless builds. I like to bring different styles and biomes together in a cool way. I like a little realism here and there but i dont like to build stuff that doesnt have purpose. Everything should be built with some interactions and decor should just add depth and immersion. 

For me its always been tech and modern (I like Redstone a lot). I'm good a doing modern-ish houses with 2x2 piston doors for entrances.

I am a big fan of modern buildings.  I love to build sky scrapers and towers as well as modern houses and townhouse, etc.  I like to make them look crisp and clean with bright colors.  Its fun to make them and you can use many different resources.  

I also like to build underground things.  I love clearing out an area and making an underground bunker of sorts.  Its always fun to make tunnels with rooms that have shops or hotel rooms or something.  

When it comes to building, I prefer Arabic style houses. They are very open and allow for lots of decoration. Medieval  style houses and castles are very repetitive and modern does not allow for much variation and detail.

I like building stuff that looks good and modern, yet look like nothing in real life if that makes sense.
I also love landscaping and terraforming!

13 hours ago, Ebokk said:

occasionally Modern although its a hassle collecting all the quartz

I'm just so glad that concrete got added! You could use it as substitute for the quartz :)

Depends. I really like medieval most of the time. I also like modern, but usually not on a survival server....

I mostly build by a medieval theme myself, although I'm very impressed by giant underground projects. Too modern-looking on a SMP-server is a big no-no personally.

I mostly try to go for the dark and rustic look when I build, I guess I really don't have much experience with modern builds.