EmmJea

I'm Resigning.

@Warwolf595 let me tell you something about common sense, It's a wonderful thing, to be honest. Not many people from my generation know about it, unfortunately, but I'll teach you.

Definition:

Common Sense (/ˌkämən ˈsens/): good sense and sound judgment in practical matters.

Common sense is a thing shared by most people on this planet. People inherently know what they should or should not do, without anyone having to tell them. because people are smart enough to know that is not a good idea.

Example: You do not need to tell people to not overlap their nether tunnel with another person's because people are smart enough to know that's not a great idea. 

Edited by EmmJea

You'd think so but no. I've served a year in the ranks and I can say this, people are pretty dense some times. I can guarantee that someone will overlap their tunnel with someone else's despite the rules/guidelines being in place.

Common sense is a rare skill to have, believe it or not.

I mean, we don't just pull rules out of thin air. About 95% of the rules are born out of reason and circumstance. In other words, they exist because something has happened prior to warrant them.

Example: You do not need to tell people to not overlap their nether tunnel with another person's because people are smart enough to know that's not a great idea. 

So yeah, this is making some grand assumptions that can't be afforded to make. Even those with common sense will still ask questions that the rules seek to clarify.

@Pandeoo By the way I read the discord logs, the reason I wrote the "resigning letter" like I did is to express how I feel about how this server was run.

Now I will stop replying questions at 6pm so ask them now or forever hold your peace. 

Edited by EmmJea

Wait I thought you were already done replying? B|

I'm just confused as to why it bothers you so much that it's in the rules if you believe it to be common sense. It's common sense that you shouldn't kill someone for no reason, yet that's still a law of pretty much every established country. If anything, I think if it's common sense, it must be outlined in the guidelines and rules.

Last reply. 

@rolo_ The difference between a country and a minecraft server should be painfully obvious. A country has a legal process that requires a law for everything. A minecraft server requires you to type in /ban. 

16 minutes ago, EmmJea said:

Last reply. 

@rolo_ The difference between a country and a minecraft server should be painfully obvious. A country has a legal process that requires a law for everything. A minecraft server requires you to type in /ban. 

See that's precisely the reason we have rules. If mods could go around /banning every time they decide someone does something they don't like, even if the person being banned thought there wasn't a problem, no one would have very much fun. These rules are to keep staff in line every bit as much as they are to keep players in line. People need to know what they can and can't get in trouble for for. Otherwise we'd just have chaos.

I always assumed this thread was about an admin or something, it isn't really resigning if you don't have anything to resign.

Anyway, your argument is pretty weak all around, I've been here for a little bit now and haven't seen a single person in a position of power be in the wrong, and this server is much more of a community than most I've played on. Active spawn, great player pool, events like UHC and dragon fights.

I'll just assume you didn't have the inspiration to play and wanted to start a thread. Bye Bye! :D