thetitan555

What is your favorite book?

Mine is Cryptonomicon. Three generations of mathematicians and codebreakers work from the end of World War Two to 1999 to find gold buried by the Japanese in a bid to continue the war after the peace treaty is signed. It has treasure hunting, cryptography, math, architecture, lawyers, philosophy, debate, romance, and it's over a thousand pages long. I read it over the course of a week during a camping trip.

Runner-up is Ender's Game for accurate portrayal of intelligent children.

I don't read much anymore, but I have a few old favorites.

Like everyone, I've read the Harry Potter series which was cool.

I also really enjoyed the "Inheritance Cycle" by Christopher Paolini. Also known as the Eragon series, it had a pretty shitty end, but exploring that world and the amazing locations and communities in there was great, as well as a wonderous tale of a world with dragons and magic and war.

Funny you should mention books all of a sudden, since just an hour and a half ago I started listening to an ebook titled "The Witcher - The Last Wish". The Witcher series is quite popular and I believe "The Witcher 3" to be the best single player game created. However, I chose not to continue playing since I wanted to read all the books and play the first two games. It is a great thing to listen to while building Kingstone since they both have a lot of fantasy and violence.

For me it would either be the 'A song of ice and fire' series by George R.R. Martin or the 'Eagles of the Empire' series by Simon Scarrow.

I remember when i first read the third book xD I didnt eat, drink or sleep until I was done with it. Those were the best 28 hours of my life :P followed by probably the worst one waiting for the pizza I ordered...

Oh boy... I have so many, My all time favorite is probably Little house on the prairie books, Then the hunger games, and Everything Everything. 

not my favorite book but my favorite series is the forgotten realms but in particular the area surrounding drizzt dourden i love drizzt.

I read this book not so long ago which is called ark, it’s really good and it’s about how when the world is ending they send people up into space to go to another planet. If you like si-fi and the science talk behind what is happening it’s probably really fun for you to read but it can be a bit hard to understand sometimes.

Les Miserables. Quite long, but really enjoyable once you really get into it.

Most of the books I read are part of a series (my favorites being the Apothecary and a Series of Unfortunate Events). My all-time favorite stand-alone books, however, are; the One and only Ivan (A book about Animal abuse in circuses, written in perspective of a gorilla named Ivan), Things Fall Apart (a book about the European colonization of Africa), To Kill a Mockingbird (Who doesn't know that, a classic), and Stonefox (a cute, yet emotional book about a kid and his dog. I would also recommend the Les Mis book, the story is so beautifully sad. If you like musicals, there is a movie of the musical of the story that is very well done.

Got some great recommendations from this thread, thanks!

-Abby/Panda_DJ

Edited by Panda_DJ