Welcome to Everneth!

Everneth is a server with one vision. Grow a core community of friends playing Vanilla Survival Minecraft and become one of the largest whitelisted communities in the world. Most of us came here from other servers due to critical issues with the management of the community and part of the foundation of Everneth seeks to correct these issues to become a growth-driven server with streamlined staffing, autonomous decision making, and actively encourage community engagement.
Apply Now

Steam Sunday

Steam Sunday is a weekly event that ventures outside the realm of Minecraft, and into the wonderful world of Steam Games. Featuring several multiplayer experiences, we take the opportunity to play various in both competitive and co-operative playstyles.
Learn more Steam Group
Sign in to follow this  
Faceman

Plans for 1.13

par.png

Things have been quiet, much too quiet

For a while now, we've been kinda coasting on by as a community. Much of us have been straight up burnt out, waiting for new features, moved on to other games, suddenly became adults, started college, and so on. Some side effects of this has been that we missed out on the last elections and haven't pushed to make amends to this just for the sake of time and activity. Lots of rumblings have been heard, and I'm mainly going to dispel rumors and confirm most of what many of you have already been talking about. So lets get started here with a non-exhaustive list of whats to come.

The Discord

Its no secret, the discord casts a large shadow on the website. While we use the website as a gateway to the community, its largely a pile of mud that players must dredge through in order to join us. For those that do manage to join us, the mud is so overpowered they move on to a new community. Who knows, we might even make them reevaluate their lives and discover Minecraft just isn't worth it. I have no idea.

So whats going to happen to discord? Psych! Nothing huge. Well, not overtly huge anyway. Some channels may be disappearing... Most notably the map development areas. Categories will return very soon for staff areas and maaaaaaybe the events section. Projects will probably disappear. Most importantly however; a new #help channel will be implemented. This was suggested by FearlessPie some time ago and I believe its a good time to try and beta test his plan.

#help will be used to contact staff for problems or ask questions. Once these have been sorted, the messages will be deleted from #help to keep it clean and to show our queue of issues. This should help two-fold: you will have a primary point of contact to get staff help and you will see more transparency between staff and players. In a nutshell, treat this channel like a hospital:

• Only use it when you need help
  • If its empty, no news is good news

The reports forum on the site will remain! So don't fret! For those who don't use or participate in discord, it will still be there.

About the staff...

Again, its no secret that staff has been running on fumes for a looooooong looooooong time. When 1.13 comes closer to pre-release, we'll have people return to play and check out the new content. At the same time, Parliament will be dissolved down to just myself and will form a temporary provisional Parliament much akin to how Everneth began 2 years ago. Once Par has been dissolved, I will appoint 2 barons(esses) for the permanent seats, one (or two if it works out that way) of these Council members will head up the Ministry of the Interior. Then an election will be started like usual for the temporary Council members. As for the High Council, I will be seeking 1 member for the HC position who is more technically inclined to assist with server administration.

The goal here is to have the lower council outnumber the high council as sort of a social experiment, as well as put more technical expertise toward the top so that the load is more evenly spread. While the HC member appointed may as well effectively be the Duke, this may or may not be the case.

About the map...

Without hesitation, 1.13 changes everything and anything to do with water. As such, this means we will start fresh with a new map to get the most out of the new content. Much akin to the previous reset, Par (as much as it is stable at the time) and the Interior will aim for getting basic infrastructure laid out before unleashing the floodgates.

One thing I want to try for 1.13 is the addition of challenges. These challenges are something you would find in old survival maps such as skyblock or deserted island such as: build a cobble generator, build a mob farm, etc. The challenges for us won't be nearly as simple since we aren't restricted to a small floating island, but the idea is there. Feel free to toss ideas around here on the site or in our discord.

About the site...

The site will stay. Its still a bastion of information that should stay posted regardless of what communication tools we use. The forums will stay for now. Some tools to integrate with Steam may come in later on down the line. Some tools to connect your in-game stats may come later as well. Its a slow and endearing process.

About the Charter...

There are some proposals I have in mind to pitch once Par is back up and running strong with 1.13 coming out to amend the charter. Most notably is the treatment of thefts. Do we want to remove the ability to return items and jump straight to a 72 hour ban? Do we want to forgo charter points for thefts unless the victim of the theft "presses charges" for it? Reason for the consideration is that 62% of the issues that arise within our community are theft related and the current due process for theft is fairly exhaustive and a long process.

Definitely something to debate/discuss/rage/shrug about. For sure let me or a member of par know! A couple of them are representing you after all!

In Closing

We have quite a bit to look forward to. Some changes are being made. The map is getting reset when 1.13 launches. Staff is being shaken up around the same time. If you have any questions, ask!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this