Tex

Why the Disorder?

One thing I've noticed in the several map iterations I've played on (more like two, probably) is that the spawn city, with its shops and player houses, never has any real order. It's all dirt roads that lead every which way, and shops laid out in a big confusing maze. Has anybody ever considered/wanted an organized street system wherever spawn city is built, or do we just prefer this way? Don't get me wrong, the way it has been done looks very unique and allows for a wide range of creativity in shops, but I feel like it could be done just as well with a few streets too.

Order is boring and cramped. I prefer organic growth over gridlike plots. Makes it more fun to look around and explore.

Different strokes for different folks.

9 hours ago, RashE (IrashiHeart) said:

I prefer organic growth over gridlike plots. Makes it more fun to look around and explore.

See, even that is, to me, a touch more ordered than what has happened. I can't really see any logic behind what currently goes on other than roads spring up between wherever players set up their shops. Unless I'm missing an actual structure that's already there?

This is a necro I know, but we tried order and it devolved to what we have now. The current system is less of a headache to everyone and allows for more creativity. We will definitely try for better roads tho so we can avoid cramped areas

• Like 1