Sign in to follow this  
Remy

Character Profile: Arlin Zumrik

characterprofile.png.f72a416739839d54ed854584c9f4d1ee.png

Arlin Zumrik was born in a small forest elf village, by the name of Ryvelin. Ryvelin was a very beautiful place, the chirps of birds and blooming flowers all filled the air with delight. Arlin grew up in a small home, with 3 siblings. Personal space was very hard to come by in the home, so Arlin spent most of his childhood with the wildlife outside. Arlin's mother and father were both hunters, providing a significant amount of food for the village and the family. By the time Arlin was 15, he had already learned how to skillfully hunt, and provide for the family as well. Arlin believed that he wanted to become a hunter himself, and live within the village until the day he would die. This soon changed however, when Arlin's mother was fatally shot during one of the routine hunting trips. Arlin knew that being killed as a hunter was a large possibility, thus, his dreams changed. He no longer knew what his life would contain.

One day, as Arlin was sitting in a tree above his home, the smell of smoke traveled through the village. He jumped down and looked into the forest, licks of fire shot up through the canopy. Arlin started yelling for everybody to get out of the village, knowing that they did not have the resources to stop the raging flames. Arlin's family wasn't in their home, they were surely mourning at the cemetery on the outskirts of town; where the fire had already burned. The village was surrounded, and Arlin knew he had to run. So, using his wit, he ran up the tree once again, reaching a branch that was above the fire. Arlin leaped, praying that he could make it over.

When Arlin touched the ground, he was joyful that he could not feel burns all over his body. Arlin made a run for it to the Northeast, where he had heard rumors of a rising kingdom. Arlin traveled along a path, hoping that it would lead to the faraway place. After several days, of walking, hunting, and resting, a tower bearing a red and gold flag appeared over the horizon. Arlin screamed with excitement, which was strange after all that he had just lost. He walked up to the gate, asking to speak to the King. The guard questioned him, then allowed him to speak to the King after hearing his story. Arlin went into the keep, and found King Icarus Forde already aware of his presence in the kingdom. Arlin began to speak, "H-Hi, sir. I've come from Ryvelin. I need a place to live and work. If you need anything done just tell me and I'll-" The King cut him off. 

"Listen, son. There is an area around here. It goes by the name of Mirkwood, recently renovated from a bandit's lair into the flourishing city it currently is." Icarus said.

"Can I live there?" Arlin asked.

"You may, on one condition: Mirkwood doesn't have any ties to Kingstone as of right now, I want you to change that. Put up a wall, flags, recruit soldiers. You can lead the village as a vassal of Kingstone. There is no leader of Mirkwood right now, and it seems no citizen wants to be the leader, this is your shot." Icarus explained.

"I'll go there right now and tell the citizens I will be their leader. Thank you," Arlin told the king.

When Arlin arrived in Mirkwood, the people were thrilled to see a new face in town. Arlin rounded the people up on a path, and spoke of his plans with the village. The people were joyous, finally having somebody to lead them through the dangers in the world. Arlin adopted his culture into the village, with elves being the skilled military archers for the settlement. To this day. Arlin still continues to build Mirkwood into the greatest it can be. 

• Like 2

Oh my lord, I didn't even have to help with the card. I appreciate the fact that you kept the "smells like" meta going, character profiles are really the only way you'd know, but it's turned into an inside joke.

I wish I could've worked with you for Ike's speaking lines, although I suppose that does kinda ruin the surprise I got from seeing this here.

Very well done. I am proud, as always, to call you Kingstonian.

50 minutes ago, MikuChanAnime said:

This is a really nice character profile 👍

Thanks! :)

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:26 PM, RashE (IrashiHeart) said:

Oh my lord, I didn't even have to help with the card. I appreciate the fact that you kept the "smells like" meta going, character profiles are really the only way you'd know, but it's turned into an inside joke.

I wish I could've worked with you for Ike's speaking lines, although I suppose that does kinda ruin the surprise I got from seeing this here.

Very well done. I am proud, as always, to call you Kingstonian.

Didn't see your reply until now. But yeah, the dialogue was kind of crappy, and I may edit in the future. Was kind of in a rush to finish this as I felt I had already taken too long to make a profile.

Sign in to follow this