xxnonames

When did you first start playing minecraft

<t></t>  

1. 1. <t></t>

I started out some time in February 2011 after a friend recommended it, I've played it on and off ever since. it's really weird looking back on how much less there was to the game in the beginning but I still had almost as much fun as I have now. It's also crazy to think I basically grew up with this game. I remember being super excited when they added squid to the game and also when they added wolves just making a new world over and over to try and spawn near this weird rare new addition. Lots of good memories of beta. Might just be nostalgia talking.

I played in the very very early releases, I think rails had just been added. I remember the struggle of scrolling through the creative inventory to find the block I needed.

Boy, back in my day we didn't have a creative inventory. Now THOSE were the early releases!

Edit: Does anybody else remember the struggle of having to type in item ids to spawn in items on creative servers?

Edited by Guest

I played in the very very early releases, I think rails had just been added. I remember the struggle of scrolling through the creative inventory to find the block I needed.

Boy, back in my day we didn't have a creative inventory. Now THOSE were the early releases!

Edit: Does anybody else remember the struggle of having to type in item ids to spawn in items on creative servers?

Finding item ID's was the bane of my life, kinda miss it tho

Lol. I remember a friend of mine actually had designed and printed out a poster of all the Minecraft item IDs, for easy referencing. To be fair, durability values were not really used nearly as much back then and there weren't nearly as many blocks so it wasn't AS insane to try and remember, but it was still pretty nuts.

I actually ran a server with a friend of mine back in the day though and there was a lot of construction on it (back before creative mode, LOL), so I had almost all of the block ids memorized, thankfully.

So when I was young, I had a friend who I played with all my childhood. Her name was Emily. But we will get to her later. I once came to another friends house, where I saw them playing some kind of game. I was 8 years old back then. I ask them what the game is, and they said "Minecraft". I begged for a clean few minutes to let me play, until they said "Fine!" and I got to play :D So I played around in creative mode, and I found a cave, went down a waterfall, then came back up to the surface after some time, check out ALL the mobs (Made a small obsidian platform, and to get rid of every mob, I PUNCHED them to death! I didn't know about swords back then.) and then I had to give back the PC. I fell in love with that game! Minecraft got me hooked for a long time, still to this day I love the game.

So, back to Emily. She has an older brother named Patrick. Oh BTW, they are both Polish. He had Minecraft, Patrick had, and I asked him what he was doing. HE showed me his world, and he then got be through the basics of how to download the game. I watched, and soon, I bought the game myself. I still play it to this day :D

I heard about Minecraft sometime in 2011 back when I was in the Boy Scouts, but I didn't think too much about it at the time. I was more concerned with other games at the time, plus school. Years passed, and I didn't hear too much about it. I had almost forgotten completely about it.

Then, one day, while I was visiting a friend, I saw him playing Minecraft on his computer. Intrigued, I asked him what exactly it was. He told me the basics of the game, and I got to see what it was like for the first time. This was in early 2014.

Once I got back home, I quickly looked up "Minecraft" on the internet, and lo and behold, a Paulsoaresjr video appeared, from his "How To Survive and Thrive" series. I watched it, and was instantly hooked. I began studying all things Minecraft, eagerly awaiting the day I could get the game myself.

And then, one of the best days of my life happened. Just a month before 1.8's release, another friend of mine visited our home, and after talking a bit, he mentioned Minecraft, and said he wasn't really interested in it anymore. But as he talked, he then got a brilliant idea: he would give me the game and his account for free, with his blessing.

And ever since then, I've never looked back, except to scoff at my younger self for pushing this game away in the beginning. This game has given me some of the best moments of my life, and with it I've met some amazing people (everyone at Everneth and a few others from other servers), seen amazing things, and have had an amazing time doing both.

And to think, it all started with me gleefully eavesdropping on a couple of my fellow Boy Scouts. xD

So you started in 1.8/ 1.7? I thought you have been playing for a long time already!

Edited by Guest

So you started in 1.8/ 1.7? I thought you have been playing for a long time already!

Nope! I started at 1.7.10. To this day people still keep thinking that I started much earlier. xD

Nope! I started at 1.7.10. To this day people still keep thinking that I started much earlier. xD

Lol

I first started Minecraft back in 1.2. My cousin played it and made me play it. I really didn't think I'd like it but I loved it. I watched PaulSoaresJr play for the longest time until I could play it. He was the guy that hooked me and I played for a few years till around 1.8 then lost interest and now I'm back to play probably my first favorite game.

It's first start when i was 11 , I heard my friends in my class talk about it , They said that they go on many adventure , build their house and face the monster in the night in Minecraft , It's sounds very exciting for me in that time , so i decide to download a copy one and play it (It's version 1.2.5) . It's also come with weird map and i decide to play in it first , i can remember that i was wandering in that map for really long time (It's a first try so i don't know a single things , I don't even have idea about what 2x2 crafting grid in my inventory does , haha)

After that , I actually have fun with creating new world and explore it pointlessly , I see a lot of fancy things that i never seen before , It was a very great time for me

Long period after that , I start to learn about it slowly , and i know that even now , I still don't have learned every things yet because new knowledge popping up over and over as time move forward , like in our real world , There's no limit of knowledge

I don't quite remember exactly when, but it was around beta 1.4. Ever since, this game was always something that I played. I played other games from time to time, but Minecraft was always there.

'Bout 4 years ago..Me and my friend were loving it cracked version and always wanted to play with the cool utubers so we bought the game, and i dont regret my decision ofcouse ;d

I started playing minecraft when you were able to just play creative on their website if you didn't own the game, I can't quite remember what year that was but yeah haha. I did that for a while because I was too young to own my own computer or even purchase the game.

I started playing Minecraft on PC at the start of 1.7 but previously was playing Minecraft on xbox 360 and switched to PC with a very bad PC that could only run Minecraft at about 5 FPS which was horrible.

Edited by Guest

I thought I had started around 1.4 but I was a junior in high school when i started and that was 5 years ago so I must have started around what? 1.2? something like that lol is there a timeline somewhere for their updates that anyone knows about?

edit: I found a timeline. I joined in august of 2012 at update 1.3.1

Edited by Guest