Sign in to follow this  
OfficialFluffy

What is your job/field of study?

I read the most recent "Rant." post and commented my opinion and wanted to do what I suggested by including a little background of myself, like an intro, and a different questions I haven't seen recently.

I'm starting my senior year in HS and thinking about studying Electrical Engineering in college. I've always been strong in Math and Science which is the key aspects in any field of Engineering. In one of my classes last year in HS I learned basic coding which is also something I'll be considering studying in college. In my intro I asked if anyone was into Engineering and one person replied. I'd like to see what everyone else is thinking about studying, currently studying, or already working a job in their field of study.

Please don't just comment, "I'm a nurse" or "I'm studying to become a construction worker." Please give details and background knowledge so I can reply and have conversations. :D

Edited by OfficialFluffy

Hi there fluffy. I've never been into engineering myself I'm afraid as I'm completely useless at math... I studied history and archeology for two years at university but since there aren't a lot of opportunities to work in that field I decided to basically look something else I thought I might enjoy. 

Currently I'm working administration for the city I live in. Basically making IDs and passports for special people like drug addicts, homeless people or prison inmates. It is a fun experience most of the time even though sometimes it can get a little dangerous. 

Currently I hold a summer internship at a police department. Specifically I take care of a lot of the office-based/secretary type stuff they also have to do. You would be surprised how corporate some police departments are. I want to either be a police women or do something in the criminal justice field (which I intend on studying in college) when I'm older. The field kinda gets a bad rap, I work with police officers all day and even I find them terrifying, but I really like my job and the people that work there :).

Abby/Panda_DJ

Edited by Panda_DJ

I am currently in my first year of college doing 2 BTECs in Law and Applied Science, both of these fields really interest me and i hope i do a job in the future that incorporates both of these (:

Sign in to follow this