Jump to content
Kaddaschatzi

Changes in 1.14

Recommended Posts

Despite the newest update being broken af it introduced a lot of new features that I'm sure everyone has a lot of opinions about. I hope this can be a platform to discuss some of these changes (and please don't be too toxic) 

I for one very much enjoy foxes and pandas. They're cute even tho they are pretty pointless :)

As a builder I obviously have to mention the new stairs/slabs/walls as well, as I'm sure they are gonna add a new level of detail to builds and just give builders more opportunities to create something beautiful :3

So now that I've shared my darkest secrets with yall what are your favorite changes in 1.14 and what do you perhaps not like about it? (and can we please keep it to a discussion about features they added and not go down the whole 'Mojang broke the game' path by listing all the technical issues 1.14 has.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like doing a lot of stone work so the new way of getting stone bricks and that is much better, and I'm looking forward to starting a Panda farm just for the heck of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao pandas are like the cutest thing in the game now so I get it :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the applications of the new villager work stations:
-Barrels will be able to replace the note blocks so studio/aflrety won't be able to spam the noise.
-Grindstones make great wheels, and while motorcycles aren't really my thing, they make nice wheelbarrows.
-Buzzsaws are incredibly useful at lumber mills.
-The backs of looms make great empty bookshelves.
-Blast furnaces just have a fantastic texture.
-The lecterns make for great desks while placed inside spruce trapdoors.

The other random blocks are sick too:
-Lanterns make a light source slightly less lazy than torches.
-Church bells no longer have the be gigantic or just single gold blocks.
-The berries make for some amazing grape plants for wineries.

The next textures are about 50/50 some of my favorites are:
-The new oak leaves.
-The new stonebricks.
-The new blaze rod item (handheld) texture.
-Netherrack is much improved.
-Love the new haybales, and the wheat makes a beautiful golden field now.
-Skeleton textures much improved.
-Polished diorite is much better

Not a fan of:
-Wood and plank textures, especially oak which can look withered and dead.
-Don't like the melon texture much either.
-Still dislike granite a lot, and they actually made andesite worse, looks like wool to me now.

Beyond building stuff, however, I really like the new village raids, I've always wanted more PvE content and I gotta admit it's fun defending a city from the pillager raids, and what was once a really goddamn annoying, time-wasting grind (emerald farming) is now pretty rewarding with the Hero of the Village buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, RashE (IrashiHeart) said:

The next textures are about 50/50 some of my favorites are:
-The new oak leaves.
-The new stonebricks.
-The new blaze rod item (handheld) texture.
-Netherrack is much improved.
-Love the new haybales, and the wheat makes a beautiful golden field now.
-Skeleton textures much improved.
-Polished diorite is much better

Not a fan of:
-Wood and plank textures, especially oak which can look withered and dead.
-Don't like the melon texture much either.
-Still dislike granite a lot, and they actually made andesite worse, looks like wool to me now.

It's a shame you can only revert all the textures and not just a couple =(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RashE (IrashiHeart) said:

@anonymousvoter

I'm probably going to make a compromise resource pack with the changes I don't like excluded. Might come out alongside my roleplay texture pack and the lite version of that pack.

Good plan, I wish I knew anything about making texture packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, anonymousvoter said:

Good plan, I wish I knew anything about making texture packs.

It, like most things, is actually pretty easy once you break it down into parts and visualize how those parts interact. Few Youtube tutorials don't hurt :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RashE (IrashiHeart) said:

It, like most things, is actually pretty easy once you break it down into parts and visualize how those parts interact. Few Youtube tutorials don't hurt :P

May have to look some up, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite features, I'd have to say are the new stone walls, slabs and stairs (for the same reasons as kathi) alongside the lectern. With the lectern giving off a redstone pulse and a charge to the comparator, you can create an immersive reading experience which I'm working on atm while the server heals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×