News & Updates
Gaming District Build Competition!
Febuary 5th - Febuary 19th
Location: Gaming district at Spawn
----------------------------------------------------------------------------There is a new game master in town! (Yes Pie I'm stealing your job....) The last build competition ended about a month ago, which means a new one is long overdue at this point. For Febuary's build competition we have decided to focus on one of the most neglected districts around spawn: The Gaming District! Whether you build something redstoney, aesthetically pleasing or a combination of both does not matter. The winner will be whoever creates the most original and fun experience in the gaming district.However, there can't be a fair competition without a few rules:
- Builds may be any size, as long as it is less than 70x70 blocks. (Height does not matter.)
- Builds must be constructed in the gaming district. (If you do not know where that is located feel free to ask either me, @EarthCube or any other member of the Ministry of the Interior.)
- There may only be one entry per person and one person per entry. (You can build more games if you like, but you can only enter one build into the competition.)
- Any designs (redstone or otherwise) that are directly copied or based on designs that can be found on YouTube or the test server must be visibly marked as such and the creator of the design must agree to its use.
- Builds must be lit up! Judges are not liable for any damages done by creepers.
Anyone found in violation of these rules will be disqualified after one warning .
- 3 Points: Build blends in with the environment. There is a clear effort visible to make the game not only functional but also pretty. The techniques used are applied correctly and in the right places.
- 2 Points: Build shows efforts to create an exterior. There is no open redstone or abrupt terraforming. There is an abrupt change between the build and the environment. There is little effort to make it blend in with the environment.
- 1 Point: Build sticks out like a sore thumb. Redstone is exposed. There is little to no effort visible to make the build fit in with the surrounding area.
- 3 Points: The game has a clear goal which is explained and obvious from the description. It is possible to win (or finish) the game. The redstone used creates little lag (it does not impact the game) and is easy to operate.
- 2 Points: The game lacks a clear goal. The explanation given is brief and does not answer what the purpose of the game is. The redstone used is complicated to operate and does not work reliably.
- 1 Point: The game cannot be described as a game. There are no rules (or a description). It is not possible to finish the game. The redstone used can not be operated from the game lobby and it barely functions
- 3 Points: The entry is original. It inspires the player to play it over and over again. It does not get boring after the first try.
- 2 Points: The entry is creative even though the idea is not new. The player is inspired to play it more than once.
- 1 Point: The entry is neither creative nor original. The design can be found everywhere on YouTube, and it is not fun to play after the first try.
Judge's personal opinion:
- 1 - 3 Points (based on the experience while play testing the game).
Monday, Febuary 19th will be the last day to work on the entries. Judging will begin on Tuesday. The winners will be annouced the following weekend. Now to answer the question everyone is dieing to ask. What are the prizes going to be? Well it will be worth it!
- 1st place: 64 Diamond blocks, 1 beacon
- 2nd place: 32 Diamond blocks, 32 shulker shells
- 3rd place: 16 Diamond blocks, 1 enchanted elytra
On behalf of the judges I wish everyone the best of luck with this competition. We are excited to see what you can come up with! If you should have any questions please DM either @Kaddaschatzi or @EarthCube on discord or right here on the Forums. To sign up for the competition please answer on this post.
ULTRA HARDCORE SEASON IX
LAST MAN STANDING | Free-for-All
Saturday, January 27th | 1PM EST
In the early days of the new year, families enjoy the warmth of their home and time spent with their loved ones as they huddle around their fireplace, warding off the cold of the outside and reveling in the joy that being with those close to you brings. As the frosty air brings an icy coat to everything it touches, we recognize this as a time of peace and tranquility above all else, and one to be savored.
...No, sorry, I can't keep that up.
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN
This January is the first Ultra Hardcore season of the year, and we're going to start it off with a fresh slate. No silly twists, no changes to the game or special terrain - just you, in random terrain, tasked with one goal; Don't die. You don't get a teammate to rely on or any sort of leniency in the rules. You will either prove yourself as the single most strong, clever, well-rounded champion to ever log on to the Everneth server, or you'll be mowed down by whoever is. This is Ultra Hardcore.
No twists this time. No leniency. The two main tenants of Ultra Hardcore are that the world border is shrinking, and that your health will not regenerate. This is all that remains; all else is unnecessary and a distraction for the purposes of this season. You already know how this game works, either by virtue of being a former combatant or by the sheer fame that Ultra Hardcore has earned over the years. The game is as follows; prove yourself or die trying.
Ultra Hardcore has a number of tenants. Breaking these tenants is a sign of weakness and will be punished accordingly.
- Fallen combatants must cut off all communication with all other players. There are no exceptions for any reason.
- Potions of Regeneration are banned.
- Players are safe from PvP for the first 20 minutes of the match. An automated message will be posted in the ingame chat after 20 minutes have passed.
- Spectators and dead players are not allowed to use the ingame chat. Violators will be kicked or banned.
- Mods are not allowed, with the exceptions of Optifine and the Replay Mod. Optifine's zoom function is disallowed; see with your own two eyes or not at all.
- "Skybasing" - defined as building high up into the air to create an artificial chokepoint - is disallowed. Prove that you can fight, not that you can hide.
- Branch mining is disallowed. Staircasing and digging downwards are both acceptable.
Everyone wants to be the best.
Champion - Awarded to the last team standing!
Ironman - Awarded to the last player to receive a point of damage.
Sanguine - Awarded to the player to slay the most opponents.
Midas - Awarded to the player to acquire and eat the most Golden Apples.
First Blood - Awarded to the first player to kill an opponent.
CLOSING AND SIGNUPS
As always, this season will be hosted on games.everneth.com - the server will open 15 minutes before the scheduled starting time. The game will begin at 1:05 PM, and anyone arriving later will be automatically put into spectator mode and will not be able to participate in the match. Don't be late; we can't and won't start over for you.
We'd like to thank gerrybrano for his UHC BLOX module, which is the machine that runs the match.
Kill or be killed.
Weekly Projects Week 2: Community Mega Build 1: Modern City
The second week of weekly projects is at hand! This week, starting today, December 17 and ending on December 23, we shall be starting the community's first mega build: the modern city, a very popular choice by the community! We already have the perfect location picked out: the plains at -700, -3380. Materials such as concrete, wood, glass, and various other materials are needed to make this build a reality, so any aid is appreciated!
We will also need volunteers for terraforming work to fix any holes, clean up the plains, and clear out any trees in the way, as well as to set up a staging point (for supplies, beds, etc.) and Nether portal and lay out the groundwork for the city.
Unlike the Arena project, the city's foundations will not be using Schematica at first, and will instead be made in a similar way to plots. Plots can vary in size, but the maximum is 60x60. Any dimensions smaller than that are fair game. Once the plots and foundations have been laid out, we can get to work on designing buildings on the Test server, at -1300, 4700 (or, if you'd like, you could design and build some buildings at the actual build site, since everyone has different ways of doing things). After some designs have been finalized, Schematica can be used to start construction.
We know this feels like a lot of work, and we won't sugarcoat this, it is a lot of work. That is why this mega build will be appearing every 2 (maybe 3) weeks so that people can not only refresh their minds after a week of building, but also so that people can have more time to gather resources, work on other projects, build their own base, and work on designs on their own time.
Anyone who helps build this week will receive the Stone Tier for the city project medal. Simply PM @EarthCube or @Kaddaschatzi if you helped, so they're aware of your contribution. You can read this post to learn more about weekly projects.
Thank you for your time!
---- The Ministry of the Interior
Weekly Projects Week 1: PVP Arena
The first week of Weekly Projects begins today, December 10, and will end on Saturday, 15! This week we will be working on the PVP arena built by IzzyArcher. The build, which is shown in the picture below can be found at -1320, 260 on the test server. The arena will be built at -405, -360 in the Games District on main. This location has been marked by Izzy along with some materials to help you begin building.
We're going to start the arena by terraforming the area around it and flattening the terrain. Once that's done, we will copy it over from test. Once the arena is fully copied over, we may add some more details in and around the arena if we decide to revisit it another week.
Feel free to use Schematica to copy the build, but use of the printer function is prohibited. For anyone who wants to use Schematica, the schematic has been provided for you here: arena.schematic. If you use it, be sure to align the schematic at -471, 68, -374. Also make sure the main entrance (the side with the storage chests) faces east.
Anyone who helps build this week will receive the Stone Tier for the arena project medal. Simply PM @EarthCube or @Kaddaschatzi if you helped, so they're aware of your contribution. You can read this post to learn more about weekly projects.
The Second Voter Raffle Result
In October 2017, I launched a raffle to everyone who votes for our server on our MSL listing. Once you vote, your IGN is recorded in our database and counts as an entry to the raffle. Please note that only real IGNs will be accepted for the raffle. So if the player selected did not recently own this name, it will be disregarded and the raffle will redraw. The winner of the raffle will receive a $10 USD (or native equivalent) Steam wallet code. In order to be awarded the code, the winner must have a Steam account and must provide a link to the account in order to receive the code.
Without further adieu, the winner is...
Congrats my dude! Please PM me on site or DM on discord with your information and I will get your code to you as soon as possible.
For those who also voted, thank you for your entries and better luck next month. If you would like a chance to win, vote for us! Each vote counts as one entry into the raffle.
Lord of the High Council, King of Everneth