News & Updates
The First Voter Raffle Result
In October I launched a raffle to everyone who votes for our server on our MSL listing. Once you vote, your IGN is recorded in our database and counts as an entry to the raffle. Please note that only real IGNs will be accepted for the raffle. So if the player selected did not recently own this name, it will be disregarded and the raffle will redraw. The winner of the raffle will receive a $10 USD (or native equivalent) Steam wallet code. In order to be awarded the code, the winner must have a Steam account and must provide their email address associated with the account in order to receive the code.
Without further adieu, the winner is...
Congrats my dude! Please PM me on site or DM on discord with your information and I will get your code to you as soon as possible.
For those who also voted, thank you for your entries and better luck next month. If you would like a chance to win, vote for us! Each vote counts as one entry into the raffle. Feel free to discuss this announcement in the corresponding discussion thread.
Lord of the High Council, King of Everneth
Evernethian Council Nomination
As per Sections 3a and 3f of the Everneth Charter, the time has come for the citizens of Everneth to nominate two new Council members. The winners of the election will replace Kaddaschatzi and lopp, who began their term on July 22nd and September 1st (respectively) and will step down on November 30th.
The following is a transcript of Section 3f of the Everneth Charter:Quote
Handling and Process of Council Elections
1: The Chancellor must announce upcoming elections 1 month prior to the end of the term.
2: The Chancellor must create a nomination thread for members to choose who they would like to see in Council.
3: The top 3 nominees plus the incumbents will be entered into a voting poll 1 week prior to close of the term.
4: Players will vote on their 2 choices for Council until the end of the 1 week period.
5: At the end of the term, the winners of the polls will then become Council the following day.
6: In the event of a tie, Parliament will hold a vote that will remain open for 24 hours.
7: If Parliament produces an additional tie, the King will make the tie breaking decision.
8: If the King is unavailable at the time of the vote, the Duke may make the tie breaking decision.
9: All campaigning done by nominees is disallowed. Any nominee caught campaigning will forfeit the election after 1 warning.
10: Advocating for nominees is allowed, but may not be excessive. Any excessive campaigning will result in a Minor Offense.
Therefore, the newly-elected Baron will begin their term on December 1st.
We ask you, our whitelisted community members, to reply to this thread with your nominations for the winners of the two open seats. In about 3 weeks from now (on November 23rd) the nominations will close. A separate topic will then be created with a poll including the top nominees, allowing the Evernethian citizenship to cast their vote during the final week of November.
You may only nominate ONE person, but when the polls come, you can vote for TWO. So choose wisely!
You can nominate people over in this thread here: Everneth's Seventh Council Nomination Thread
Thank you for your time!
--- The Parliament of Everneth
Season 4 Nether Hub Rules
The server has been up for a couple weeks now and with it has come a lot of work in and around spawn. However, people are already starting to spread out to build bases and with that comes nether tunnels! The Ministry of the Interior has been working very hard since the start of the server, designing and building the nether hub. Now that it has been completed, it is time to go over some rules for nether tunnels:
1) Tunnels can be decorated however you like as long as they are kept to a maximum of a 7x7 area, which includes the walls of your tunnel.
2) Keep your tunnel as straight as possible. If you need to turn, do so only once. If you absolutely need to go up or down, use a tunnel at the top or bottom of the hub, and only make the change in height at the end of the tunnel. If you run into an obstacle, go through it. If the obstacle is player-made, however, go over or under it until you've cleared it, then go back down to your previous Y level to keep it as straight as possible.
3) Remember, The ratio of blocks between the Overworld and the Nether is 8:1 (for every 1 block you move in the Nether, you move 8 blocks in the Overworld). Make sure your portal in the Overworld is linked perfectly (or as close to perfect as possible without moving the tunnel left or right) with its Nether counterpart by dividing the Overworld coordinates by 8.
4) Claim your tunnels! Place a sign next to the tunnel stating where it goes and who it belongs to.
5) Please be aware that the Ghast spawning algorithm (5x4x5 over a solid block) allows for Ghasts to spawn in these tunnels if care is not taken. Use a transparent center block (like glass) or some other method to prevent spawning (like slabs). We would also advise either building the walls or surrounding the tunnel with a blast-proof material, so it doesn't break from outside Ghasts.
6) Usually, it is not necessary to match the Y levels when syncing portals. However, if you absolutely must go up or down to sync your portal, use the upper floor of the hub when going up, and use the lower level of the hub when going down.
7) No diagonal tunnels this time! The hub is NOT designed for diagonal tunnels, and making tunnels this way will screw up a lot of other tunnels, as well as making tunnel designs overly-complicated.
8.) Do not cut off any other tunnels or possible future tunnels when building your tunnel. If all the tunnel locations on the side of the hub you want to use are taken, use the closest possible tunnel to that side on an adjacent side of the hub.
It is very important to follow these rules not only for the convenience of others, but also for the general ease of access and aesthetics of the hub. If there are any questions or problems regarding any of the rules, please contact an Interior member. Now, get building!
One Baron Out, Another Comes In
Over the past few months, you may have noticed that one of our permanent Barons, Zieon, has become a rare sight on Discord, the forums, and on the server itself. This is unfortunately a side-effect of him having lots of work and school to do in real life, so he recently decided that it was time to retire and let someone else more active take up the mantle as Baron, and asked the High Council to select a replacement for him.
While we are saddened that Zieon has to leave Parliament, you can be assured that he is not leaving the community, and will still be around.
We thank you for your service, Zieon. You will always be welcome in Parliament should you ever wish to run again when you have more time.
In light of Zieon's decision to leave Parliament, the High Council has officially decided on a suitable and very reliable replacement. You all know him, as he's served in Parliament before, and has since been considered one of our best Barons. Citizens of Everneth, we present EarthCube, the new permanent Baron in Parliament! May he serve the community long and well, and may he be a shining example of excellence!
Glory to the Order, and long live Everneth!
The Parliament of Everneth
Spawn and Districts Update
The server has been up for a few weeks now, and districts have been laid out since the beginning. However, many people seemed to have missed this, so we felt the need to clarify a few things.
New District Regulations
First of all, all builds must be built in their appropriate districts as shown in the map below. The map is easily accessible, so beginning now district borders will be strictly enforced. Certain buildings that have already been completed have been pardoned from this rule, but this will not be the case anymore. The Interior will notify the owners of all builds that need to be moved.
The Ministry of the Interior reserves the right to have any build in spawn (square from -500, 500 to 500, -500) removed if it is located in the wrong district, is overly aesthetically displeasing, or causes any other serious problems. Additionally, no nether portals are to be built from -500, 400 to 300, -400 (the area in the overworld corresponding to the hub) except for district portals.
Before Starting a Build...
It is very important that you use the system of notifying Interior before beginning a build in Spawn. Simply sending a DM on the forums or in Discord is enough; you don't need to wait for an approval. Although we can't force anyone to use this system, it greatly benefits you as well as us. In the long run, notifying a member of Interior before beginning a build will save you the effort of having to tear down and rebuild in the event your project must be removed.
If you have any questions, please DM any member of the Interior. We'll be glad to be of assistance.
The Ministry of the Interior