News & Updates
Thirteenth Passing of the Blades
It's been nearly a month since the purge, but we finally have a new full set of staff members! After the closest election in Everneth's history, we have finally decided that _Studio528_ and Cerium will fill our previously empty temporary Baron seats.
The ceremony is to be held on Saturday, February 8th at 12 PM EST at our temporary spawn stage. The stage is currently being built and will be located at 20, 170. During our ceremony, Beolyx and IzzyArcher will pass their blades to _Studio528_ and Cerium, and FearlessPie and Sybillian will pass their blades to Beolyx and Faug.
What is the Order of Everneth?
Our community is in constant expansion, so for those who do not know what the Order is; the Order was originally founded on August 30th, 2016 at the closure of Term 1 as a means of elevating the old "Distinguished Member Medal" to something more meaningful. You may have seen people in game with the Sir or Lady titles. This is the Order's rank shown. To give a quote from the old post:Quote
In order to become a member of the Order, one must go above and beyond expectations and truly dedicate themselves to this community. This honor will be difficult to obtain and must be so to maintain its integrity.
The intention is that this honor is difficult to get. Much like real life honors, going above and beyond is absolutely a minimum requirement before the Order is even considered to be given to someone. Most of those who have been inducted to the Order are past and present staff. It's no secret that its skewed this way, but Staff have been given an extra opportunity to serve this community and those who have been exceptional and representing what Everneth is meant to be have been awarded appropriately.
If you are aiming for the Order, we encourage you to aim high and don't give up. Keep in mind that you need to go beyond the lower precedence awards (King's Cross, Virtuous Medal, et al) and truly make your mark among the cornerstone of this community. This doesn't mean budding up with staff, and simply working silently away at your base. Get involved, engage with people, participate, and contribute in the best way you can.
As a final note, make sure to wish Studio and Cerium good luck for their next three months as our new Barons!
Glory to the Order!
Everneth Abba Caving Event
Saturday Feb 8th| 2pm EST
Place: Will be announced 30ish minutes before the event!
ORIGIN OF ABBA CAVING
Abba Caving is a winner-takes-all caving game within Minecraft that was originally made popular by the Mindcrack Minecraft community. The basic premise is that individuals or teams try to gather as many ressources as possible in a fixed time. Different ressources give different scores, and the player/team with the highest total score wins!
- All players must start and end at the same time!
- A Silk Touch pickaxe must be used by all participants!
- Each player has 20 minutes to gather as many ores as possible!
- Players may dig in any direction from the start point, and may explore any ore caves, etc.
- Strip Mining is dissallowed unless there is a point in the game where we run out of caves. In that case there will be an announcement lifting this rule.
- PVP is NOT allowed!
*Note: If you don't have a Silk Touch pickaxe, you'll be provided one for the event!*
Points are awarded per ore block in each players inventory at the end of the allotted time, based on the following table:
(ORES) (DUNGEON LOOT)
Emeralds- 6 points Diamond, Music disc., Nametag, Saddle- 2 points
Diamonds- 5 points Armor- 2 points
Gold- 3 points Golden apple- 4 points
Lapis Lazuli- 3 points Notch Apple- 20 points
Iron- 1 point
To sign up for this event, reply to this post
Evernethian Council Election
Nominations for the elected Council members have closed - we have our finalists, and hence, we begin the final vote! Our finalists for the two seats are as follows:
You may have noticed that there are no incumbents included on the list. This is because the would be incumbents were removed from office during the purge, thus there are only 3 candidates.
Our anonymous polls will be open until 11:59 PM EST on January 31st, at which point votes will no longer be able to be cast. Once the polls close, all the votes will be tallied together from both polls, and the two top-voted candidates will win the two open seats. Until then, however, you are free to cast your votes as you please.
Remember, those who vote for the same candidate on both polls will forfeit their votes.
The winners' term as Council members will begin on February 1st, 2020 and last until April 30th, 2020.
As the purpose of these elections are to give Evernethian Citizens a voice in the management of the server, we strongly encourage each and every one of you to cast your votes and let your voice be heard.
Thank you for voting and good luck to all of our candidates!
Chancellor Pandeoo & The Parliament of Everneth
Season 6 End Dragon Fight
Saturday, January 25th | 1pm EST
Meeting place: End Portal in the Overworld (Coordinates: x -1450/ z 800)
Nether Portal Location: Middle Floor, South West Corner
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a dragon and it's actually quite dangerous if you come unprepared. So ready your armor and brew some potions because we are gonna hunt us a dragon.
The Dragon Fight will be hosted on Saturday, January 25th at 1pm EST. We will meet up at the End Portal in the overworld. The office of Community Development has set up a tunnel leading to it so you don't have to trek across 2000 blocks of overworld terrain. A member of Parliament will open up the End portal and only then may you enter. Please try to be on time because we will not be waiting for anyone.
Once the dragon has been slain the End will be open for raiding so bring anything you will need to get to the outer End islands and find some End Cities.
Good luck and try not to get yeeted into the great space abyss!
The Office of Community Development will try to get an End farm going as fast as possible. As of right now we don't have any plans for designs so if you'd like to get involved and leave a mark on this season feel free to apply for Community Development any time by clicking HERE.
As always the Dragon Egg is claimed by Parliament to make sure it doesn't get lost. If you should pick it up after the fight make sure to give it to the nearest staff member immediately.
Kaddaschatzi, Manager of Community Deelopment
Season 6 Nether Hub Rules
The new map started exactly one week ago and we have finally finished the barebones structure of the Nether Hub! This season the hub is located on the top of the nether roof as minecraft now allows portals up there to link up with overworld portals. As with previous seasons the design for this season's hub was made several weeks ago in a creative test world to allow us to finish it as fast as possible. The complete design will be finished over the next couple of weeks. Until then the netherrack squares mark where the tunnels in the finished design go. So go ahead and start building your nether tunnels! You don't need to be a member of the Office of Community Development to help collect materials or even build it. We appreciate any help we can get. After all, this hub is the community's!
Sneak preview of the Hub design!
To make sure that everyone gets on well with each other in the nether it is very important to follow these rules:
- Tunnels can be decorated however you like as long as they are kept to a maximum of a 7x7 area, which includes the walls of your tunnel. You may also add an extra layer of blocks for ghast protection on each side.
- Keep your tunnel as straight as possible. If you need to turn, do so only once. If you absolutely need to go up or down, use a tunnel at the top or bottom of the hub, and only make the change in height at the end of the tunnel. If you run into a player-made obstacle (such as another tunnel), go over it if you are on the top floor or under it if you are on the bottom floor until you've cleared it, then go back down to your previous Y level to keep it as straight as possible.
- Remember, The ratio of blocks between the Overworld and the Nether is 8:1 (for every 1 block you move in the Nether, you move 8 blocks in the Overworld). Make sure your portal in the Overworld is linked perfectly (or as close to perfect as possible without moving the tunnel left or right). You can figure out the perfect coordinates for your tunnel by running /portal in either the overworld or nether. (It will tell you the coords of the optimal portal location in the other dimension.)
- Claim your tunnels! Place a sign next to the tunnel stating where it goes and who it belongs to.
- Please be aware that the Ghast spawning algorithm (5x4x5 over a solid block) allows for Ghasts to spawn in these tunnels if care is not taken. Use a transparent center block (like glass) or some other method to prevent spawning (like slabs). We also need you to spawn proof the outside of your tunnel against Ghasts to make sure we dont get rogue fireballs blowing up the Hub or other tunnels.
- No diagonal tunnels! The hub is not designed for diagonal tunnels, and making tunnels this way will screw up a lot of other tunnels, as well as making tunnel designs overly-complicated.
- As the hub is on the nether roof tunnels below the roof are disallowed due to linking issues. If you run into problems linking up your nether portal because of y-levels make sure to check in with staff so we can find a solution.
- Do not cut off any other tunnels or possible future tunnels when building your tunnel.
It is very important for everyone to follow these rules not only for the convenience of others, but also for the general ease of access and aesthetics of the hub. If there are any questions or problems regarding any of the rules, please contact Kaddaschatzi or Beolyx. Now, get building!
Kaddaschatzi, Community Development Manager